what ever happened to neutral???

streaky100
This post is 5826 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, i have got an RXS100 and when it is running i cant get neutral no matter what i try, but if i turn it off, it will click into neutral straight away.

any ideas???

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi, i have got an RXS100 and when it is running i cant get neutral no matter what i try, but if i turn it off, it will click into neutral straight away.

any ideas???

Some bikes are just like that, sometimes the oil is too thick, check the right viscisity oil is in there, and sometimes it helps to rock the bike back and forth while trying to select neutral.

Hi,

I had the same problem on my kymco pulsar 125 (yeah shameful i know but gotta start somewhere), anyway problem I found was my clutch cable was pretty much on the way out.

Try altering the tension on your clutch cable and if that doesnt help then it might mean you need a new cable.

rob

Mine sometimes loses neutral too. The clutch cable is quite new so its not that.

I let the clutch out slightly and let the bike inch forward a little, then i can usually find it no problem. :D

not sure if this applies to above models, have you swapped oil types? is clutch adjusted properly? also on some bikes the neutral detent switch can wear, i just got this tip and im trying it on my xs, shim out the spring on the detent switch by placing a washer or two beneath it, it will give the detent plunger a little umphh. hope this helps.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online