XVS1100 custom wheels

timbr
This post is 5825 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Got a 2004 1100 dragstar custom, want to get away from spoked wheels, beleive 1 model(poss' Silverado) was done with cast wheels does anyone know if these will fit the custom & and has anyone got any- maybe even do a deal ie swap with cash either way.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Got a 2004 1100 dragstar custom, want to get away from spoked wheels, beleive 1 model(poss' Silverado) was done with cast wheels does anyone know if these will fit the custom & and has anyone got any- maybe even do a deal ie swap with cash either way.

I have the Silverado and yes it does have the cast wheels. The problem is the Custom has a larger thinner front wheel and so a different size fender. The Silverado has the same wheel/tyre size as the Classic. I think the back wheel would be a straight swap but I'm not sure what you would have to do to make the front wheel fit.

You see them for sale sometimes on US Ebay, heres a link

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/yamaha-v...mahaQ20vQ20star

Stu

I have the Silverado and yes it does have the cast wheels. The problem is the Custom has a larger thinner front wheel and so a different size fender. The Silverado has the same wheel/tyre size as the Classic. I think the back wheel would be a straight swap but I'm not sure what you would have to do to make the front wheel fit.

You see them for sale sometimes on US Ebay, heres a link

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/yamaha-v...mahaQ20vQ20star

Stu

Cheers for the info' gives me an idea of where I'm heading

Tim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online