some rat bastard.....

jrhendryx
This post is 5867 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

while i was at work, some twat decided it would be a good idea to try and remove my clutch lever. It was pitch black when I got on the bike, and the post was still slightly in there, so it wasnt completely falling off... i did notice that the clutch felt a little loose - it was engaging very far out from the handlebars.

anyway, about a quarter mile from home, in the headlights of an oncoming car i noticed the post sticking out, so i reached out to touch it, and it FELL OFF... :angry: needless to say, this made the clutch lever basically useless.

after about a half hour of searching in the dark, i found it, and put it back in... then i noticed that someone had loosened the locking nut and twisted the cable out by about 3/4 of its length.

fuckers.

it makes me wonder if anything else has been messed with... im going to give it a good once over tomorrow. i already checked the crown nut on the front spindle, and it doesnt appear to have been touched. hopefully its just this.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It annoys the shit outta me when i hear stuff like this :angry:

I hope the rest of your bike is ok though - let us know, and may the bollocks of the scumbag(s) that did this turn green and drop off - wankers :angry:

it really pi##es me off to hear about little w#nkers doing this kinda thing. and for the sake of a clutch lever as well!!

hope the rest of your bike is ok mate

Whilst it is human nature to assume that someone has been tinkering with your ride, it's just as possible that it's vibrated out.

I'd use some threadlock.

About 10yrs ago the 'toe-rag messed with my bike' was my first thought when my rear caliper came loose on my 1000RX (and there was a bloke at the time I'd have gladly blamed for it, having tampered (read: slashed the seat) with another bike previously) - but in the end it was down to vibration.

Let's face it, how inept do you have to be unable to nick a clutch lever? :blink:

Paul

Whilst it is human nature to assume that someone has been tinkering with your ride, it's just as possible that it's vibrated out.

I'd use some threadlock.

About 10yrs ago the 'toe-rag messed with my bike' was my first thought when my rear caliper came loose on my 1000RX (and there was a bloke at the time I'd have gladly blamed for it, having tampered (read: slashed the seat) with another bike previously) - but in the end it was down to vibration.

Let's face it, how inept do you have to be unable to nick a clutch lever? :blink:

Paul

at first i thought that maybe it had just vibrated loose, then while i was searching for it, i began thinking it over.

ive had to take that bolt out several times, and each time ive had to pry the sleeve out of the hole to do so. also, what are the odds of both the clutch pivot bolt AND the cable adjustment locking nuts coming undone at the exact same time?

Plus, i had a fellow employee come in and tell me that she had seen someone "touching" my bike... she couldnt explain exactly what they were doing, except that they were near the front.

I went and poked my head out the door, but it was still there, and i couldnt see anything missing from a distance, so i went back to work. it wouldnt be the first time that someone had messed with the bike... im also a teacher, and several times when ive come out at the end of the day, the bike has been moved slightly and the gears have been changed (usually jammed somewhere between 4th and 5th).

im doubtful that it just vibrated loose though, considering that i was told by an employee someone was messing with it.

and as to how idiotic you have to be to not be able to steal a clutch lever.... well, its a different breed of stupid around here :rolleyes: probably just some damn kid. i will have to talk to the girl who told me about it and see if she can describe them... with any luck we have some tape on it.

nothing else was touched on the bike.

Your bike sure attracts trouble doesn't it? It gets hit by a truck, now you've got kids trying to steal parts off it? :)

it does seem to draw a lot of attention.... unfortunately the wrong type sometimes.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online