Neta exhaust system obstructs oil plug

Camus
This post is 5841 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone , just joined.

I have a '89 xj600 and want to change it's oil/filter , however the 4 into 1 neta exhaust seems to partially block access to the drain plug.... does one normally have to remove the system or can it be drained without doing this?

Thanks in advance :unsure:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I changed mine without removing neta exhaust, was a bit fiddly. Cant remember exactly but i think i used a long socket extension, not easy but doable.

typical fu**wit designers, they dont ever have to use the things

merv

You can't get a socket on the drain plug but it's fairly easy with a ring spanner. You do need a ring spanner with a good off set, a combination spanner is no use. I find that you need to feed the spanner in from the front of the bike and with a bit of dexterity you'll get the job done.

typical fu**wit designers, they dont ever have to use the things

merv

Thanks - It's as I suspected then , a pain in the a*s , will be giving it a go with neta in place.

You can't get a socket on the drain plug but it's fairly easy with a ring spanner. You do need a ring spanner with a good off set, a combination spanner is no use. I find that you need to feed the spanner in from the front of the bike and with a bit of dexterity you'll get the job done.

Thanks for the advice, I was experimenting with a ring spanner and it looked really awkward. Learn something new every day eh?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online