fz6 naked mirrors

sim666
This post is 5439 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Does anyone else have problems with the mirrors on their fz6n? No matter how i position them i can't see anything but my arms. Are there any better aftermarket mirrors woth trying?

Cheers sim666

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello

Unfortunately, I have the same problem and resorted to just moving my arms or looking round instead. Not the best but at least they don't vibrate!

Hi you could try mirror extentions had some on my GSXR worked a treat,got them from motorcycleroadandrace.co.uk

• 1 month later...

Yep, I find the same problem - which I really want to remedy. I got a quote from a local engineering company ($120) who can make longer mirror stems using stainless steel. I'm thinking of increasing the length by up to 7 cm which (as the angle is about 45 degrees) should give an additional width of 5 cm. I'm hoping the extra length won't lead to more blur :blink: .

Anyone one got any views on this approach before I go ahead?

Thanks

Before you spend a lot of money, go to Halfords and get some wide angle stick on "blind spot" mirrors. sick them in the corner of your exising mirror, you will be surprised at how much you can see in such a small mirror, and they only cos a couple of quid.

Works for me on the R1 :) excellent round town and bloody useless at 100+ when you should be more worried about whats in front anyway :lol:

100_0157.jpg

100_0155.jpg

Not that you can see anything out of `em at this time of night!! B)

Yes I have the same problem too.

As has been mentioned already, I tend to move my arm slightly each time I want to look. I have more problem with the left mirror than the right.

No vibrations though so that's something.

I have the same problem with my '07 FZ6 Fazer S2. I have managed to find mirror extenders for the FZ6N from motorcycleroadandrace for about £40 - but nothing for the faired Fazer. I can get a view by dropping a shoulder and moving my head but this is far from ideal. If anyone knows of a set of mirror extenders for the FZ6 Fazer I'd love to know about them.

Thanks

TMFM

• 1 month later...
Bar End Mirrors !!!!
Well, I ended up getting new mirror stems made by a local engineering firm in Canberra (Australia) out of stainless steel for the FZ6 naked - 6cm longer than the original and this has solved the problem - it is now very easy to get the mirrors into a useful position - no ill effects whatsoever... :D

Well, I ended up getting new mirror stems made by a local engineering firm in Canberra (Australia) out of stainless steel for the FZ6 naked - 6cm longer than the original and this has solved the problem - it is now very easy to get the mirrors into a useful position - no ill effects whatsoever... :D

Do you suffer any vibration with the extra length? My standard mirrors (FZ6 S2) vibrate at the standard length. I wondered if some extensions to the height alone would be enough to aid rearward vision. I'm restricted in the extra width I can use due to a tight gateway to get the bike to my back garden. Do you know the thread your engineer/Yamaha used?

• 4 weeks later...

No there is no vibration at all with the extra length. I don't know what the thread is - I just took the original stem in to the engineering company and they replicated the diameter of the stem and the size of the thread no problem. I think going upwards alone would help with visibility as it is just above the elbows where your arms stick out the most that the stock mirrors seem to be aimed - at least for me anyway...

• 9 months later...

Bar End Mirrors !!!!

i agree

i got some bar end mirrors off ebay although onlt fitted one to the right side as it used for pulling out plus with 2 it made it hard to get it through the gate at the side of the house