YAM fs1e V GARELLI tiger x

blackhat250
This post is 5839 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Any fs1e owners out there rembr the duels in 1975/6 erra , when the fissies used to take off get big lead

then the garelli"s used to reel them in [ third gear] Then change into 4th and die a death. [esp, if on incline]

for the fissie to pass again :D then the garelli changed down 3rd to pass again [with that sick howl] all this at between

40/ 50 mph. Them italians never could work out ratio"s [ahem where were the A.P.50 & SS HONDAS ] Still back in

town :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ah yes, I can almost smell it, Oh! and dont forget the little Gilera's and Garelli record's, they were quite a good looking toy. Puch maxi's were also still at base camp with the Honda's. We'd all race home from schhool and dig out the Greeves challengers & griffons & AJS starmakers and go for a thrash about before they built all the housing estates. Yeah Nostalgia's not what it used to be eh Blackhat!

Don't forget the Fantic Cabiero (I bet I've spelt that wrong).

A screaming two stroke motor cross lookalike.

My mate had one and was pissed off with see the back end of Fizzies so in his infinite teenage wisdom he took the baffles out 'to make it go faster'.

It managed over 50mph, in the back of a tranny van on the way to the dealers to have a new piston fitted.

Oh the daft things you do when you're young eh?

• 3 weeks later...

Don't forget the Fantic Cabiero (I bet I've spelt that wrong).

Oh yes - I presume you mean the Caballero ;). That and it's lunatic sister, the Fantic GT, allegedly capable of 70mph.

I had a Fizziedix, whereas my mate Mark had the Tiger Cross, which would rip my Yam apart until it got a sniff of an incline. One other mate had a Honda SS50 - what a pile of poo that was.

I think everyone wanted the Fizz, although many lusted for the GT.

There was also Puch's attempt at cool with the JPS-lookalike M50. I saw one or two of them but in the 70's it was the Fizz that ruled the chip shop car parks.....

God, I'm getting old :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online