yzf r125

g-funk
This post is 4185 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i wasnt gonna go into a big load of detail about turbos m8 . i was jus trying to get the point across that them stupid things on the net 4 29.99(not an exact price) r a waste of time . i think that was wat ya man was talking bout coz i dont think e was talking bout spending over a grand on a proper turbo 4 a 125 . my bike is due its 1st service so ill ask yamaha if its restricted coz ive got a full licence so im sure theyd tell me.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because they are supposed to be lol

nahh ther restriced electronicaly buy the ecu so it mite b caperbal of reaching the 100mph mark but not much further with the current gearing

• 5 weeks later...

hi does anyone know yet when the Laser Hotcam exhaust will be readily available for the R125 ??

as i read earlier that noones knows. But some one MUST :D:D :lol:

<>Chris

hi i have a yzf 125 r and i have fitted a evo tec tail tidy and full scorpion exhaust system with baffels that can be removed , and i would recomend it to everyone . its carbon fiber and short stubby looking and sounds wicked like an r6 will be puttin some photos on site soon . :D :D

hi i have a yzf 125 r and i have fitted a evo tec tail tidy and full scorpion exhaust system with baffels that can be removed , and i would recomend it to everyone . its carbon fiber and short stubby looking and sounds wicked like an r6 will be puttin some photos on site soon . :D :D

well i like the Scorpion exhaust because it sounds great, but ive herd it gives no power increase what so ever?

<>Chris

hi peeps i have some parts for sale for the yzf r125 list as follows

front fender in black(tiny corner broke) but easy repair £30.00

front fender in yellow mint condition £50.00

silver under tray £50.00 both sides

silver side fairings £40.00 both sides

outer side fairings in white £40.00 both sides

front wheel and tyre with disc on £20.00

front head lights £60.00 the pair

front wheel speed sensor £40.00

a few other bits but if interested please mail me

cheers

steve

• 2 weeks later...
yea but how do you do it then this is what i am asking lol
The only way a YZF125 will achieve 120 mph is over the edge of a cliff. Old mate is dreaming !

well i like the Scorpion exhaust because it sounds great, but ive herd it gives no power increase what so ever?

<>Chris

Great to see so many people enjoying these little machines. I can,t wait for them to be available in Australia and will be buying one as soon as they arrive. I have had a bit to do with bikes and have some ideas in relation to possibly improving the performance of these bikes. Firstly, If they are in fact hitting the rev limiter in top gear at around 10 500 rpm, no amount of engine tuning or mods will increase the top speed unless you are also prepared to change the secondary gear ratios/sprocket ratios. Without having access to one of these bikes. I don,t as yet know if it is easier to change the front or the rear sprocket. That said, for commuting and having fun up and down mountain ranges I would go about 5 teeth bigger on the rear sprocket. For trying to get say 90 odd mph on the motoway I would drop the standard rear sprocket by about 3 teeth. The increase in top speed will probably only happen for lighter riders as the bike may have problems pulling peak revs in top with the "taller" gearing. This is the area where engine mods start to come in to play. When I get one of these bikes I will have two rear wheels. One with a super sticky rear tyre and the large sprocket and the other with a standard tyre and the smaller cog. Two different length chains will also be required hence why some people may prefer to change the front cog sizes. I have some more ideas concerning exhausts and the like. Let me know if your interested ! Oh yeah, It sounds like you can change sprocket ratios without affecting the speedometer as I believe it is triggered by the front wheel.

i wasnt gonna go into a big load of detail about turbos m8 . i was jus trying to get the point across that them stupid things on the net 4 29.99(not an exact price) r a waste of time . i think that was wat ya man was talking bout coz i dont think e was talking bout spending over a grand on a proper turbo 4 a 125 . my bike is due its 1st service so ill ask yamaha if its restricted coz ive got a full licence so im sure theyd tell me.
May be worth looking into the throttle body, may have some form of restrictor in there. Hold throttle wide open with engine turned off and see if butterfly fully opens. Let me know what you find ! :icon_idea:While you are at it take the exhaust header pipe off the cylinder head and see if there is a restrictor plate in the exhaust port or the start of the header pipe.

hi all,

any one know of any mods for the R125 that are in production for 2009??

theres gotta' be more than exhausts and dynojets!?

does anyone know if renthal will be making sprockets for this bike ?

cheers,

<>Chris

edit : just found out renthal do make sprockets for R125 so dont worry about that part :) ( only make standard sizes at the moment though:( )

• 3 weeks later...

The yzfr125 is a 4 stroke, the only way you will get more power is to open up the ports and get a good exhaust, im sure something could be done with the fuel injection aswell but I wouldnt know because I havent owned 1 but your probably talking alot of money to do this kind of work.

75 mph for a 125 is great, my dt does 85 and its only putting out around 16 horse, ive geared it for top speed though.

If it was me i'd just sling a tzr engine into it :)

Actually you can derestrict it by installing a new CDI unit!!!

I done this by putting a 5 setting CDI unit in it, which i got from yamaha and my yzf-r125 is now doing 95mph!!!

:D its brilliant

I done this by putting a 5 setting CDI unit in it, which i got from yamaha and my yzf-r125 is now doing 95mph!!!

how much did the 5 position cdi unit cost

yeah on youtube the are a few exhausts on there but not sure which to choose did really like the weller racing pipe but not for 6 months.

and i just bought some green angel eyes for it ill post some pics when i get them

where did you get your angle eyes from ??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Where did u get this CDI unit from? Because i cant find it.

(Now imagine what your bike would be doing if it had the 170cc big bore kit in it aswell lol) :D

• 2 weeks later...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online