yzf r125

g-funk
This post is 4185 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i know , i had a 2000 r6 two years ago but ive got a gtr skyline now so im payin a fortune on insurance already n i didnt wanna end up paying more den i cud afford . i had a feeling that every1 was bull shitting bout doing 85 on it .n sum chap said he done 120 . he must a been strapped to the back of a car.

iv had 84 bounceing i off the limiter, and thay have 170 big bore kit fot it f you want more out of it or loads of peple have talked about yamaha beeing able to do some electronis twweks to make it faster but u need a full licence or something, nice choice of car btw is it the 32r or 34r i prefer the 32r i like to square body shape

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iv had 84 bounceing i off the limiter, and thay have 170 big bore kit fot it f you want more out of it or loads of peple have talked about yamaha beeing able to do some electronis twweks to make it faster but u need a full licence or something, nice choice of car btw is it the 32r or 34r i prefer the 32r i like to square body shape

where can ya get a big bore kit for it ? were ya on a slope (tell the truth) .

r34 it was a 99 . ive a civic 2 . an ek hatch back 1 . it was me 1st car . ive re painted it twice since i got it n ive done the whiole interior n all on it . its candy orange now but it used to be peal white wit flames. gettin off subject here .

how r yas gettin that speed out of it?

you can easily get a 2nd hand big bike with low insurance mate

the Diversion for one

on the side where oil filter is located you have to remove the fairings, once this is done you wil see a pipe coming from the exhaust it conects to a little black box and you have to remove the 2 pipes running from it, then undo the 2 screws holding it together, and you will see a kind of diafram inside, i found a metal plate in there and was restricting the ammount of air going through it, so i adjusted the metal plateso the diafram opened fully to let more air into the airtake system. once all back together i tested it out and the results were not massive but very positive on respose and made it ride quicker than it was, and the top spped i had with oncoming wind was 85mph @10,000.

before doing this i was doing 83mph @10,500 rpm so allthough not massive but more responsive and a good find for everybody.

also removed the exhaust and there was not restricton on this apart from the cars, which when i get full system will make it even better.

good luck guys cos this is so easy to do and will liven up your bike, try it and see. let me know how things go

i stripped the bike down and had a look at what you were talking about . (the little breather pipe on the exhaust and airbox) . you done the total opposite than you should have done .(im suprised it didnt slow it down n lose top end)

that pipe is a breather for the airbox . what happens is when too much air comes into the box some is filtered out into the exhaust and released wit the fumes. it doesnt send more air into the box by opening it like you taught . if you try bending the solid metal plate a little bit so the thin metal film cant open at all youll get a little more power because the extra air heading into the the airbox cant head down the tube and into the exhaust and get wasted so it has to go into the engine.the more air the more power. try it n c wat ya think

Well im only 8 and half stone so thers where i get mine and you d haff to tuck in well and a hill helps i stugeld o get mine to the limiter in top gear. Have you tryed useing v power fule that mite give you some more ummffff.... lol

i made it reach 132kph (about 80 or so mph)

i full closed the breather regularor (little black box with 2 pipes joining the exhaust to the air box) so the excess air had to go into the engine instead of being expelled in the exhaust without ever entering the engine . den i made a pipe going from the air box entrance to the grill on the side of the bike (to force air into the engine) .it was only doing 120kph b4 so i got it up 2 the same speed as the rest of the bikes . if yours was doing 84 ,u should get a little more out of it by doing the same. im gonna have a little reasearch into ram air inductions that will fit the bike and c if i can come up with a pipe to go to the front of the bike to get as much power as i can . if i get any results ill let ya know

you can easily get a 2nd hand big bike with low insurance mate

the Diversion for one

i was looking at 250ccs but i like the look a the yammy r125 . would it be hard to fit a 250 engine in it . ? . would the frame support it and be big enough ?

if you had passed your test

buying a 125 probally wasnt the best idea, with abit of research you would realise that it would only do 70/75 as it is a 4stroke

best move after test is to buy a 250 or something that is low on insurance

well i dissagree with you i'm 12 and a half stone and mine pulls all the way to 85 no probs

well i dissagree with you i'm 12 and a half stone and mine pulls all the way to 85 no probs

Is yours de restricted? As I weigh the same and the fastest I have had is about 73mph....

Well don't keep it to yourself, what have you done......

on the side where oil filter is located you have to remove the fairings, once this is done you wil see a pipe coming from the exhaust it conects to a little black box and you have to remove the 2 pipes running from it, then undo the 2 screws holding it together, and you will see a kind of diafram inside, i found a metal plate in there and was restricting the ammount of air going through it, so i adjusted the metal plateso the diafram opened fully to let more air into the airtake system. once all back together i tested it out and the results were not massive but very positive on respose and made it ride quicker than it was, and the top spped i had with oncoming wind was 85mph @10,000.

before doing this i was doing 83mph @10,500 rpm so allthough not massive but more responsive and a good find for everybody.

also removed the exhaust and there was not restricton on this apart from the cars, which when i get full system will make it even better.

good luck guys cos this is so easy to do and will liven up your bike, try it and see. let me know how things go

i made it reach 132kph (about 80 or so mph)

i full closed the breather regularor (little black box with 2 pipes joining the exhaust to the air box) so the excess air had to go into the engine instead of being expelled in the exhaust without ever entering the engine . den i made a pipe going from the air box entrance to the grill on the side of the bike (to force air into the engine) .it was only doing 120kph b4 so i got it up 2 the same speed as the rest of the bikes . if yours was doing 84 ,u should get a little more out of it by doing the same. im gonna have a little reasearch into ram air inductions that will fit the bike and c if i can come up with a pipe to go to the front of the bike to get as much power as i can . if i get any results ill let ya know

so i have done the wrong thing in takeing the metal plate out, your saying to fully close it if so y dont you just take the whole little blak pipe off and block the whole in the air box where it conected to it???. iv thort about geting an induction kit, i was goin to get a custom exhaust and induction system off a company near me and their qoat for the induction and exhaust was cheaper if not he same as one of thos exhausts you can get for the bike allready lol,

well im prepared to try anything to get more out of it so im goin to blok the pip up from the airbox and see how that goes, any other ideas let me know please

with air raming idea have you seen or herd about thows electric turbos??? whats you opinion on them?

Is yours de restricted? As I weigh the same and the fastest I have had is about 73mph....

from what iv been told this is a 4 stroke and it cant be deristriced but others hav said difernt if it wasnt restriked then i would of thort that yamaha wouldnt b able ot do the elctronic tweeks, so i recon the injectors are running at less power than ther capible to well flow or somehtin like that

so i have done the wrong thing in takeing the metal plate out, your saying to fully close it if so y dont you just take the whole little blak pipe off and block the whole in the air box where it conected to it???. iv thort about geting an induction kit, i was goin to get a custom exhaust and induction system off a company near me and their qoat for the induction and exhaust was cheaper if not he same as one of thos exhausts you can get for the bike allready lol,

well im prepared to try anything to get more out of it so im goin to blok the pip up from the airbox and see how that goes, any other ideas let me know please

with air raming idea have you seen or herd about thows electric turbos??? whats you opinion on them?

ha ha electric turbo things . you must of seen them on the net . there jus fans and they claim it adds 50bhp 2 a car . its bull shit , dont waste your money . a turo holds the air pressure and then releases it in a big blast . totally different from them things . there was a web site that bought 1 and tested it . if i can find it ill post it up . it goes into detail on where they are bull shitting.

from what iv been told this is a 4 stroke and it cant be deristriced but others hav said difernt if it wasnt restriked then i would of thort that yamaha wouldnt b able ot do the elctronic tweeks, so i recon the injectors are running at less power than ther capible to well flow or somehtin like that

your right . i was talking about that to the bike shop when i was getting it . ive a full licence so they were explaining that if the bike was restricted then it would probably be a moped with gears !

revs governs how fast you are going! theres no way you could of been doing 85 mph at 10k rpm then 83 at 10.5k rpm. it doesn't make sense unless you changed the gearing. which i doubt you have. how can you do more revs but go slower??? you must have a dodgy clutch.

and these bikes are restricted, they are aimed at learner drivers so must be 15bhp. the restriction is in the form of the ecu and the small bore exhausts. the ecu is programmed to be lean and the sparking is advanced/retarded so not sparking at the optimum time, so its full potential isn't met. and the exhaust has 3 catalyst apparently which won't help it exhaling.

also, if you are planning to get an air induction kit aswell as an aftermarket exhaust, you would still need to set up or remap the ecu which is expensive. otherwise your mixture will end up tooo lean (to much air, not enough petrol cos the standard ecu thinks its not changed) and risk damaging the engine by 'knocking' or overheating something (melted valve heads).

revs governs how fast you are going! theres no way you could of been doing 85 mph at 10k rpm then 83 at 10.5k rpm. it doesn't make sense unless you changed the gearing. which i doubt you have. how can you do more revs but go slower??? you must have a dodgy clutch.

and these bikes are restricted, they are aimed at learner drivers so must be 15bhp. the restriction is in the form of the ecu and the small bore exhausts. the ecu is programmed to be lean and the sparking is advanced/retarded so not sparking at the optimum time, so its full potential isn't met. and the exhaust has 3 catalyst apparently which won't help it exhaling.

also, if you are planning to get an air induction kit aswell as an aftermarket exhaust, you would still need to set up or remap the ecu which is expensive. otherwise your mixture will end up tooo lean (to much air, not enough petrol cos the standard ecu thinks its not changed) and risk damaging the engine by 'knocking' or overheating something (melted valve heads).

well i aint lying i have acheived 85mph@10,500 rpm bouncing off the limiter so dont care what you say about it i know its true, just because you cant do it aint my problem.

ha ha electric turbo things . you must of seen them on the net . there jus fans and they claim it adds 50bhp 2 a car . its bull shit , dont waste your money . a turo holds the air pressure and then releases it in a big blast . totally different from them things . there was a web site that bought 1 and tested it . if i can find it ill post it up . it goes into detail on where they are bull shitting.

i don't think you will find that is the case. a turbo transfers kinetic energy from the exhaust to the intake charge, the problem with the electric cuperchargers is that on a car they need to flow hundreds (to thousands) of litres of air per minute, an electric supercharger on a 2.0 litre engine would draw hundreds of amps (indeed it takes many horse power to run a turbo charger or supercharger), so the type you see on the net don't worker (sightly noticeable gains (if any)are down to the MAF being fooled). A turbocharger becomes effective when the compressor wheel is able to displace more gas than the engine can scavenge through induction vacuum alone (Turbo lag is the period when the turbo is n ot flowing as much gas as the vacuum is drawing (i saw clarkson on top gear test an Evo and he moaned about turbo lag - what he was actually describing was a lack of low down power due to a low compression engine and retarded spark)). However on a small bike engine the charge flow is much lower and believe it or not i have heard of small-bike specific devices increasing power.

Is the YZF125 fitted with an o2 sensor? thats where i would be looking for gains.

i don't think you will find that is the case. a turbo transfers kinetic energy from the exhaust to the intake charge, the problem with the electric cuperchargers is that on a car they need to flow hundreds (to thousands) of litres of air per minute, an electric supercharger on a 2.0 litre engine would draw hundreds of amps (indeed it takes many horse power to run a turbo charger or supercharger), so the type you see on the net don't worker (sightly noticeable gains (if any)are down to the MAF being fooled). A turbocharger becomes effective when the compressor wheel is able to displace more gas than the engine can scavenge through induction vacuum alone (Turbo lag is the period when the turbo is n ot flowing as much gas as the vacuum is drawing (i saw clarkson on top gear test an Evo and he moaned about turbo lag - what he was actually describing was a lack of low down power due to a low compression engine and retarded spark)). However on a small bike engine the charge flow is much lower and believe it or not i have heard of small-bike specific devices increasing power.

Is the YZF125 fitted with an o2 sensor? thats where i would be looking for gains.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online