yzf r125

g-funk
This post is 4166 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I dont see the point in trying to get more power from these bikes. Its a 125 that red lines at about 10500 RPM. No matter what you do to it it will only go at a certain speed. It might get there slightly quicker but thats all. The only way to get more speed it to change the gearing which will affect acceleration. IMO

well if you dont want to hear about it dont read and coment about it that simple

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these aew sensational looking bikes, but that is the main feature - they look like they could go 170mph to the untrained eye!

but they are 4-stroke 125s (probably capable of 100mpg+), and even a power commander (if dynojet produce one for it) is not gonna get lots of power out of it.

they are awesome little bikes if i was 17 again id be wanting one, but i was in a yam dealership yesterday and a lad was buying one with finance, the bike will be worth 1500 tops after a year on trade in yet he will pobably be making repayments for 3 o 4 years - its a mad world!

if you have one enjoy it, but dont chase 2 or 3 more horsepower, whats the point?

I dont see the point in trying to get more power from these bikes. Its a 125 that red lines at about 10500 RPM. No matter what you do to it it will only go at a certain speed. It might get there slightly quicker but thats all. The only way to get more speed it to change the gearing which will affect acceleration. IMO

i agree with you but if you get the acel up with out changeing the gearing, when it comes to gear it up the acel to top end ratio will b back to around the bikes original if you get me ?

these aew sensational looking bikes, but that is the main feature - they look like they could go 170mph to the untrained eye!

but they are 4-stroke 125s (probably capable of 100mpg+), and even a power commander (if dynojet produce one for it) is not gonna get lots of power out of it.

they are awesome little bikes if i was 17 again id be wanting one, but i was in a yam dealership yesterday and a lad was buying one with finance, the bike will be worth 1500 tops after a year on trade in yet he will pobably be making repayments for 3 o 4 years - its a mad world!

if you have one enjoy it, but dont chase 2 or 3 more horsepower, whats the point?

when i got mine on fineance for 3yrs i got given a sertificet that says it will b worth its perchaseing vale for 3yrs so im not goin to loose out and im sure ther are others offering thesame deal, youl also get abit more than 2-3 bhp thers alot you can do to it, like go and get it remapped or bigger jets. i recon it will see the 100 mark but not furter than 115 at a very good push

when i got mine on fineance for 3yrs i got given a sertificet that says it will b worth its perchaseing vale for 3yrs so im not goin to loose out and im sure ther are others offering thesame deal, youl also get abit more than 2-3 bhp thers alot you can do to it, like go and get it remapped or bigger jets. i recon it will see the 100 mark but not furter than 115 at a very good push

im intrigued - how does this certificate wok?

im intrigued - how does this certificate wok?

wel iv been told by te yammy dealer that the bike will keep its valu of £3000 for 3yrs as long as is looked after to the book cant do nothing to compromise the warenty, thats all i can tell you sozz i dont rearly understand it my self. With al the mods iv got in action whats a warenty lol still im goin to be keeping it longer than 3 yrs lol just as a toy lol

wel iv been told by te yammy dealer that the bike will keep its valu of £3000 for 3yrs as long as is looked after to the book cant do nothing to compromise the warenty, thats all i can tell you sozz i dont rearly understand it my self. With al the mods iv got in action whats a warenty lol still im goin to be keeping it longer than 3 yrs lol just as a toy lol

Are you sure this is not a GAP policy?

Are you sure this is not a GAP policy?

Im noy compleatly sure thats just what i was told

Power commander is listed for yzf r125 on dynojet website for £279.65.

Anybody got one yet ?

http://www.dynojet.co.uk/powercommander/po...nder-prices.php

nope but thanks for informing me will do soon

• 3 weeks later...

That is defo a GAP or RTI policy more likely as GAP just pays of the finance whereas RTI pays you the invoice price if you wite off the bike or it is nicked. There is no dealer on this planet unless they are on serious drugs who would give you the invoice value 3 years later, it ain't gonna happen!!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought an r 125 about a month or so back . its a nice looking bike, it has a little bit of power but not much . i was reading your posts and every1 is saying there gettin 83-85mph standard . most i got out of mine is 122kph which is about 74mph . im gonna add a few bits like a straight through exhaust n that but id like to know how your getting that spped out of the bike standard . ive onlt done 600km (about 370miles) on it so i havent really tried to go flat out . theres still some revs left at 74mph but it just doesnt seem to have the power to get there . any suggestions?

I bought an r 125 about a month or so back . its a nice looking bike, it has a little bit of power but not much . i was reading your posts and every1 is saying there gettin 83-85mph standard . most i got out of mine is 122kph which is about 74mph . im gonna add a few bits like a straight through exhaust n that but id like to know how your getting that spped out of the bike standard . ive onlt done 600km (about 370miles) on it so i havent really tried to go flat out . theres still some revs left at 74mph but it just doesnt seem to have the power to get there . any suggestions?

yes pass your test and buy a bike that is able to do it :lol:

yes pass your test and buy a bike that is able to do it :lol:

ha ha smart arse. ;) i have a full licence . i jus got this as a comuter bike for getting to work and back . jus want a little more speed for the motorway n i wanna know how ever1 is getting 80 odd out a dem . they going down a hill?

ha ha smart arse. ;) i have a full licence . i jus got this as a comuter bike for getting to work and back . jus want a little more speed for the motorway n i wanna know how ever1 is getting 80 odd out a dem . they going down a hill?

Well im only 8 and half stone so thers where i get mine and you d haff to tuck in well and a hill helps i stugeld o get mine to the limiter in top gear. Have you tryed useing v power fule that mite give you some more ummffff.... lol

Well im only 8 and half stone so thers where i get mine and you d haff to tuck in well and a hill helps i stugeld o get mine to the limiter in top gear. Have you tryed useing v power fule that mite give you some more ummffff.... lol

ah a hill dont count ! i work doin car modifing so im all good at the body modelling but im starting 2 wish i worked doin engines cause this bike needs a bit a speed something awful .

if you had passed your test

buying a 125 probally wasnt the best idea, with abit of research you would realise that it would only do 70/75 as it is a 4stroke

best move after test is to buy a 250 or something that is low on insurance

if you had passed your test

buying a 125 probally wasnt the best idea, with abit of research you would realise that it would only do 70/75 as it is a 4stroke

best move after test is to buy a 250 or something that is low on insurance

i know , i had a 2000 r6 two years ago but ive got a gtr skyline now so im payin a fortune on insurance already n i didnt wanna end up paying more den i cud afford . i had a feeling that every1 was bull shitting bout doing 85 on it .n sum chap said he done 120 . he must a been strapped to the back of a car.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online