yzf r125

g-funk
This post is 4166 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Also thought id add they arnt restricted so you cant deristrict them all there is the CAT in the exhaust for emissions.

You wont be deristricting it just modifying it/tunng it.

thers 3 cats in the exhaust and iv had 84 off the limiter and strate threw exhaust can give 13 mph extra so thers 97 i recon wid a good intake and exhaust youd av it on the ton mark

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That really isnt bad at all 100mph :o id love to see

That really isnt bad at all 100mph :o id love to see

100 mph just isn't going to happen unless you do the following:

Wait for power commander to come up with something,

Fit a Leo Vince or Akropovic (forget the rest)

Fit lighter valves/springs/retainers

Gas flow cylinder head

High compression piston

So once all this has been done, and your bank balance is looking a bit SAD, you might like to consider fitting a completely different engine like a 250 fourstroke which will give the perfrmance and some of an RS125 Aprillia.

For those with a FULL licence of course!!

id be alright then. :rolleyes: but if you mess arpund with it too much it will also be more likely to go bang.

to be honest if i owned one id probs do the exhaust and leave it at that

id be alright then. :rolleyes: but if you mess arpund with it too much it will also be more likely to go bang.

to be honest if i owned one id probs do the exhaust and leave it at that

just found a fix for better acceleration

Go on??

on the side where oil filter is located you have to remove the fairings, once this is done you wil see a pipe coming from the exhaust it conects to a little black box and you have to remove the 2 pipes running from it, then undo the 2 screws holding it together, and you will see a kind of diafram inside, i found a metal plate in there and was restricting the ammount of air going through it, so i adjusted the metal plateso the diafram opened fully to let more air into the airtake system. once all back together i tested it out and the results were not massive but very positive on respose and made it ride quicker than it was, and the top spped i had with oncoming wind was 85mph @10,000.

before doing this i was doing 83mph @10,500 rpm so allthough not massive but more responsive and a good find for everybody.

also removed the exhaust and there was not restricton on this apart from the cars, which when i get full system will make it even better.

good luck guys cos this is so easy to do and will liven up your bike, try it and see. let me know how things go

Im sorry, but HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA!! HAAA HA HA HAH!! PMSL ROFL LOL LOL HA HAA HAAH HA!!

I have not slapped my thighs and felt such mirth for a very long time.

Thanks for that, you have made my day.

what she said

on the side where oil filter is located you have to remove the fairings, once this is done you wil see a pipe coming from the exhaust it conects to a little black box and you have to remove the 2 pipes running from it, then undo the 2 screws holding it together, and you will see a kind of diafram inside, i found a metal plate in there and was restricting the ammount of air going through it, so i adjusted the metal plateso the diafram opened fully to let more air into the airtake system. once all back together i tested it out and the results were not massive but very positive on respose and made it ride quicker than it was, and the top spped i had with oncoming wind was 85mph @10,000.

before doing this i was doing 83mph @10,500 rpm so allthough not massive but more responsive and a good find for everybody.

also removed the exhaust and there was not restricton on this apart from the cars, which when i get full system will make it even better.

good luck guys cos this is so easy to do and will liven up your bike, try it and see. let me know how things go

Sweet i will give that ago and let u no at last someone is findeing bits to tweek lol

has made a real good difference so when i get an exhaust it will feel better

so where exactly is this pipe is it the little rubber one from the exhaust that links to ur airbox ??

Or do you have any piks of how you did it and location of bits lol ??

so where exactly is this pipe is it the little rubber one from the exhaust that links to ur airbox ??

Or do you have any piks of how you did it and location of bits lol ??

you have to remove all the fairings on throttle side of bike, then you'll see the pipe from the exhaust.

you have to remove the hose off the exhaust but on held on by little clip so really easy there, then get a touch you should be able to see the metal flap inside then get screwdriver and move the metal as far back as you want. dead easy mate

Rite iv don as follows, i found the blak box bit and taken the bak metal plate off compleatly but let the flexible bit on ther so i shall se how it gos after work and will post to let u no how it went lol i cant wate till home time now lol

Rite iv don as follows, i found the blak box bit and taken the bak metal plate off compleatly but let the flexible bit on ther so i shall se how it gos after work and will post to let u no how it went lol i cant wate till home time now lol

oakie dokie bud

oakie dokie bud

Wel the verdict is in and it feels abit pokeyer and smoother i think espechialy in the low gears (1st,2nd), but an improvement, had a strong head wind on way home so will try top end soon and let you no if thers ay improvement. But so far tar for the tip slowly cracking the biek open lol

Wel the verdict is in and it feels abit pokeyer and smoother i think espechialy in the low gears (1st,2nd), but an improvement, had a strong head wind on way home so will try top end soon and let you no if thers ay improvement. But so far tar for the tip slowly cracking the biek open lol

well glad to hear at last i knew it would make a little difference but not great lol when i found out more i'll post up.

• 3 weeks later...

well glad to hear at last i knew it would make a little difference but not great lol when i found out more i'll post up.

I dont see the point in trying to get more power from these bikes. Its a 125 that red lines at about 10500 RPM. No matter what you do to it it will only go at a certain speed. It might get there slightly quicker but thats all. The only way to get more speed it to change the gearing which will affect acceleration. IMO

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online