yzf r125

g-funk
This post is 4166 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello everyone, just joined the forum.

looks like a good active forum here wit some friendly people. Right here we go, im currently only on a cbt license and so obviously can only ride a 125 and I've been tryin to find out about the yzf r125 thats coming out soon, my main concern is whether it would be too small as i am 6' 3/ 6'4. also does anybody know any speed figures etc about it? and can it be derestricted for after ive passed my test or is the max power available the 15 hp it comes as?

hope someone out there can give some answers, cheers.

G

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

I sat on one last nite and only just touched the floor. (i am 6ft1"). The dealer has been on a track day on one and he said it was still pulling at 75mph.

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Hi, ive just ordered mine and I was wondering what kind of modifications I could do to get a bit more power out of it??

Cheers

How much riding experience have you had before?

The yzfr125 is a 4 stroke, the only way you will get more power is to open up the ports and get a good exhaust, im sure something could be done with the fuel injection aswell but I wouldnt know because I havent owned 1 but your probably talking alot of money to do this kind of work.

75 mph for a 125 is great, my dt does 85 and its only putting out around 16 horse, ive geared it for top speed though.

If it was me i'd just sling a tzr engine into it :)

hi i just ot my r125 still got a dt125r tho love the r125 but the sound is a real disapointment only bad thing about the bike cant wait until some nice tuning companys make a decent sounding exhaust for it. and a little more power would be nice :D .

hi i just ot my r125 still got a dt125r tho love the r125 but the sound is a real disapointment only bad thing about the bike cant wait until some nice tuning companys make a decent sounding exhaust for it. and a little more power would be nice :D .

Leo Vince and Devil will make exhaust to this bike but only Leo Vince has pictures of it

Ive the first one in blue in northern ireland and mine...can do more than 75, if you lean on the tank you will see 80mph at the redline 6th gear!

Great bike and i love every min im on it!

How much riding experience have you had before?

well ive only done my CBT before this. ive had the bike around 4 days now and already done 200 miles! I love it!! Its acceleration is very good but top end im only getting about 75-80.

I spoke to the dealer about putting a custom exhaust on it and he said not to :/

Wht do you lot think?

Ive the first one in blue in northern ireland and mine...can do more than 75, if you lean on the tank you will see 80mph at the redline 6th gear!

Great bike and i love every min im on it!

Hey! I think you commented on my Youtube video right??

Anyway how miles have you done so far?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i have got the bike ordered and Weller Racing do an exhaust for it already http://www.wellerracingcorporation.com/ind...A-YZF-R125.html

It is not in Full production yet but they will make you one if you contact them

that exhaust looks really nice and i spoke to a dealer down a park road yamaha and he said there are surtain electronic tweeks they can do if you are rideing this on a full licence and he also said not to bother with affter market exhaust because the chances are it could do more harm then good or even make it go a little slower as its only come just come out they couldnt of been able to do much testing.Also has any 1 got a pic of this leo vince one. cheaz

• 2 weeks later...

that exhaust looks really nice and i spoke to a dealer down a park road yamaha and he said there are surtain electronic tweeks they can do if you are rideing this on a full licence and he also said not to bother with affter market exhaust because the chances are it could do more harm then good or even make it go a little slower as its only come just come out they couldnt of been able to do much testing.Also has any 1 got a pic of this leo vince one. cheaz

anyone know what the tweeks are

• 5 weeks later...

hello everyone, just joined the forum.

looks like a good active forum here wit some friendly people. Right here we go, im currently only on a cbt license and so obviously can only ride a 125 and I've been tryin to find out about the yzf r125 thats coming out soon, my main concern is whether it would be too small as i am 6' 3/ 6'4. also does anybody know any speed figures etc about it? and can it be derestricted for after ive passed my test or is the max power available the 15 hp it comes as?

hope someone out there can give some answers, cheers.

G

Hiya buddy I got my yzf r125 about 2 months ago, Im 6ft 3" and i fit the bike perfectly the bike has been designed with the taller person in mind. I did the plymouth Mega ride on it and managed to get 77 out of it. There is restriction in the exaust (catylic converters) im thinking about getting a micron exaust on mine wich gives me an extra 2.5bhp. not sure deristricting it would do much. dunno.

Anyway its a top bike so go get it :P

hay peeps, iv had my yzfr125 for 2 month now and iv had 84 out of it all tuked in bounceing it off the limmiter at 10,500 rpm :unsure: lol was fun lol, im only 8 stone and 5,8 and all you tall peeps after you ryde it for abit the shok wares in becuss i can stand flat foot now if your still worryd you can get a lowerign kit for it to drop it 30 mm.

Im currently looking into makeing my own exhaust system out of 1,75"< pipe work but dont know what end can to put on any ideas are wecome??, if i get the exaust to work properly i will b glad to surply info for it

oh iv been emailing around for exhausts for this bike and iv got some good ofers on some slip ons lol

Micron -

Delta+ road legal slip-on in stainless - £249.99 retail..we can do for £230

Delta+ road legal slip-on in titanium - £324.99 retail..we can do for £305

Laser -

HotCam slip-on, road legal in alloy - £379 retail..we can dof or £350. Laser UK and Laser Holland don't have these in stock and they cannot tell me how long it would take to get one.

ther site for the above ^^^^^

Hope this can help out

Hi i have got the bike ordered and Weller Racing do an exhaust for it already http://www.wellerracingcorporation.com/ind...A-YZF-R125.html

It is not in Full production yet but they will make you one if you contact them

Iv already asked hem and ther not putting it into production becuss every one dont want to risk looseing ther warrenty is wat i got told

hay im just haveing a chatt with a company that are saying thay can do custome exhaust for r125 and im also asking about any other modds they can do for it ( e.g extra gear ;) )

Scrapp that found a better site that dose it for any vehical so if the price isnot bad i will post the site lol i want one first lol

Rite iv had a reply from a company and ther looking into it for me and iv sed if they can do a pakage deal (full street leagel strate threw exhauset and air filter/air box ) i'd pass on the the site to u lot becus thy have places all over the country if any 1 is intressted let me no ??

Rirte boys and girls iv had a reply;

IF IT IS A 4-STROKE WE CAN DO IT.

For the silencer and a tailpipe it would be £149. The pipes coming off the cylinder head we can do but need to see the bike or a picture to quote.

Definitely need to see the bike to quote on the air filter/air box.

Cheers,

Tim

so im guna take some piks for them and i will keep u all posted when i get up dates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online