08 R6 Questions

R6Jools
This post is 5229 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

There you go mate. 2006 model but looks identical

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/1021317/

Thats great cheers. Just done mine now they fit ok but when i put it all back together and took it off the pit stand they both popped out of place and are now rattling around inside. Any ideas for another way to fix them down? Glue maybe? or is this a big no no?

Thanks

Thats great cheers. Just done mine now they fit ok but when i put it all back together and took it off the pit stand they both popped out of place and are now rattling around inside. Any ideas for another way to fix them down? Glue maybe? or is this a big no no?

Thanks

A decent plastic glue should work, make sure surface is spotless, once you've glued them just use gaffer/duck tape over the top for extra hold, although the duck tape might be sufficient alone.

bear in mind you might find it hard to get them off in the future should you need to, ie to put footrests back on!

Bit suprised the sticky pads didn't do the job in 1st place.

A decent plastic glue should work, make sure surface is spotless, once you've glued them just use gaffer/duck tape over the top for extra hold, although the duck tape might be sufficient alone.

bear in mind you might find it hard to get them off in the future should you need to, ie to put footrests back on!

Bit suprised the sticky pads didn't do the job in 1st place.

Me too. They seemed pretty secure until i moved the bike around. Gaffa tape might be a good idea tho. Should think about when i sell it someone might want to put them back on.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is the link, they look like push fit, let us know whether they are the same ones and how you get on with them

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-R6-passenger-...A1%7C240%3A1318

Woohoo!!

Cheers for the heads up on these Goldy.

They arrived yesterday, so will be sticking 'em on tomorrow.

Will have to post a few pics of the MkII once they're on.

Ive used velcro on mine now!!! Let us know how you get on with yours R6Jools and if you have the same problems with the sticky pads.

Just got back from ride and still in place thanks.

Tho having seen you're post i cut two cubes of foam to pack the space above!

Bit dark now, so gonna take a few pics to post tomorrow.

local Yamaha Dealer........Infinity at Clapham.

Its just the Genuine Yam part, £120.

Yeh thought so! I'm getting the tail of the blue R6, so I'm trying to see if i can modify the white yam cowel with a red trim or even find somewhere that sells them... or last resort use a non-backrest one...

WOW they look good!! Alot better than mine! Did you say you have put foam above them?

All I've done is use the supplied sticky pads, then cut a 2" wide slice from an old car wash sponge ( :blush: ) to fill the space above and stop them vibrating loose.

If you've used velcro it'll be too thick, is it?

Yeh thought so! I'm getting the tail of the blue R6, so I'm trying to see if i can modify the white yam cowel with a red trim or even find somewhere that sells them... or last resort use a non-backrest one...

Hehehe.

Did that to my 08 reg.

Pads not available as a separate part, i called Yamaha UK

The only way to fit a red pad to the white cover is to buy a black/red and a white/black cover and swap the pads, then put the black cover with black pad on eBay!!!!

Does anyone do a non backrest seat cover for the 08 model???

All I've done is use the supplied sticky pads, then cut a 2" wide slice from an old car wash sponge ( :blush: ) to fill the space above and stop them vibrating loose.

If you've used velcro it'll be too thick, is it?

Yeah they dont seem to fit as flush as yours. Might try it your way, the sponge is a great idea!

• 1 month later...

Nice one! I'll be ordering a pair of those when i get home! Where did you acquire your seat cowel may i ask?

Hi everyone.

Did you guys manage to order these blanking plates? I checked their website and they are not listed (not that I could see) and I have had no response from their e-mail?

Just fitted a genuine Yam rear seat cowl to my graphite. Looks the nuts. Difficult to know when to stop with the customs!

Hi everyone.

Did you guys manage to order these blanking plates? I checked their website and they are not listed (not that I could see) and I have had no response from their e-mail?

Just fitted a genuine Yam rear seat cowl to my graphite. Looks the nuts. Difficult to know when to stop with the customs!

The blank plates are usually listed on eBay, but just done a quick search and can't see any. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

i know this is months late, but i got the big warning sticker off with 'boiling water' this melted the glue.

did you do the flush indicators yourself? any pics... i'm looking to do the same on my 09, but:

- can't find any really nice blinkers

- having trouble getting the fairing off

(any tips?)

Picked up my beautiful white 08 R6 last friday, having ridden a heavily modded Ducati M900 for the last few years, i'm in love!!! Like riding a 250 2-stroke again, tho i'm having difficulty keeping to the 8300rpm running in rule. Especially having tasted the 8750ish boost from the YCCi. Its as addictive as crack (So i'm told!!)

I've already done the R&G tail tidy and flush indicator jobs, and plenty more mods to come.

But just have a couple of questions i hope someone can help with!

a- Where can i get a pair of pillion peg blank plates from?

b- Any tips on removing the cra99y big warning sticker on the tank? (So i can fit a tank pad) The clear film came off, leaving the white layer with the writing, which only comes off in microscopic bits!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online