earphones

bych_91
This post is 5865 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

is it legal to ride and listen to music with earphones?

Probably depends in what country / state your riding in. Most of the U.S. states prohibit the operation of a motor vehicle of any kind with earphones / earplugs in use.

Riding with earplugs is just like having your music turned up really high in your car, don't see why would it be illegal to do, I don't listen to music when on the bike coz I just love the sound of my bike too much. :D

Loud music / noise distracts and covers other, more important traffic sounds (sirens, horns, etc.). Statistics show that people who have the radio cranked up or wear earphones are far more likely to get involved in an accident.

• 2 weeks later...

i got a scooter...turn up the ipod!

lmao

i agree m8 turn it up loud loud loud i do the same lol

Loud music / noise distracts and covers other, more important traffic sounds (sirens, horns, etc.). Statistics show that people who have the radio cranked up or wear earphones are far more likely to get involved in an accident.

i still say turn up that ipod but this is when im on a moped when i get my new yzf-r125 i won't have the ipod in because of the nice sound from the engine that is the best sound track :)

i still say turn up that ipod but this is when im on a moped when i get my new yzf-r125 i won't have the ipod in because of the nice sound from the engine that is the best sound track :)

I'd say that's reckless, but you couldn't hear me anyway. :unsure: As a bagpiper I can tell you with experience, too many decibels will wreck your hearing.

I As a bagpiper I can tell you with experience, too many decibels will wreck your hearing.
HEAR/HEAR .[ NO PUN INTENDED] IM the same P/BODY . too much clay pigeon shootn wi me . tin-itus :(

HEAR/HEAR .[ NO PUN INTENDED] IM the same P/BODY . too much clay pigeon shootn wi me . tin-itus :(

Yep. After cooking off 200-300 rounds from the AK-47 I can't hear jack.

is it legal to ride and listen to music with earphones?

Well the driving standards agency mention considering the wearing of ear plugs to prevent hearing loss and fatigue on long journeys.

That said, why not give the brain something to listen to & break up the droneing.

I believe it is illegal to wear either whilst driving a car.

Cheers 'n' ride safe

YamahaTubthumper

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online