XJ900 Tyres

Mike Strong
This post is 5877 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Having just acquired a 1989 xj900f I will be needing a new rear tyre fairly soon.

Now it's a 120/90 18r & will be mainly used in the dry but not totally. Any reccomendations for a the make of tyre I should go for?

Also the front while probably 50% is a 110/90 18 not the reccomended 100/90, should I change that at the same time to a matching tyre to the rear?

Any Thoughts?

Finally, how do I change my flag from British to English?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Having just acquired a 1989 xj900f I will be needing a new rear tyre fairly soon.

Now it's a 120/90 18r & will be mainly used in the dry but not totally. Any reccomendations for a the make of tyre I should go for?

Also the front while probably 50% is a 110/90 18 not the reccomended 100/90, should I change that at the same time to a matching tyre to the rear?

Any Thoughts?

i had continentals on my xj900f when i first bought it and i went to a local indepentant tyre dealer who recommended a bridgstone on the front and said when i change the rear to keep them as a matched pair so i would say go for bridgestones

if you go to where you got the union jack but look for estonia the english flag is estonia for some reason????????????? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

if you go to where you got the union jack but look for estonia the english flag is estonia for some reason????????????? :lol:

Just got a pair of matching Bridgestone 45's fitted, wot a difference, it's like a new bike. Roll on summer, or even spring.

:lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online