Back in the saddle

an2ony
This post is 5894 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello to all in this forum.

I have just got back in the saddle after a 4yr break whilst my wife had our children, yesterday I purchased a 2005 YZF R6 which I cannot wait to get on the road.

Do you think I should have refresher lesson before I get back on the road?

I live in the West Midlands and would like to attend local meets or ride outs, any ideas?

I look forward to your advise...

Anthony.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello to all in this forum.

I have just got back in the saddle after a 4yr break whilst my wife had our children, yesterday I purchased a 2005 YZF R6 which I cannot wait to get on the road.

Do you think I should have refresher lesson before I get back on the road?

I live in the West Midlands and would like to attend local meets or ride outs, any ideas?

I look forward to your adviCe...

Anthony.

If you've only been off the road for 4 years, you've riden a modern sportsbike before and you trust yourself, you'll be fine, but if your still not sure book yourself on one of the Police run bikesafe days, I did it a few years back after returning to bikes after a near 20 year lay off and thought it was excellent, just like everyone else I know who's done one. Not from your area so don't know about meets or ride outs, but www.therevcounter.com is a nice friendly bikers forum, I'm sure you'll get to know what's going on around where you are if you ask on there.

good luck and ride safe (till the roads dry out at least :) )

If you've only been off the road for 4 years, you've riden a modern sportsbike before and you trust yourself, you'll be fine, but if your still not sure book yourself on one of the Police run bikesafe days, I did it a few years back after returning to bikes after a near 20 year lay off and thought it was excellent, just like everyone else I know who's done one. Not from your area so don't know about meets or ride outs, but www.therevcounter.com is a nice friendly bikers forum, I'm sure you'll get to know what's going on around where you are if you ask on there.

good luck and ride safe (till the roads dry out at least :) )

Steve you've hit the spot, 4 years out is not a long time, but just for saftey's sake and a boost to confidence get on the bike safe course!

Stacy

R6 MPJ

At first I thought you would be ok to just jump on and go..........It`s just like riding a bike, you never forget

But the the fact you`ve doubted yourself enough to post the question in the first place, would lead me to think it is a good idea to do some sort of refresher course

http://www.bikesafe.co.uk/

follow the link for your area, not only do you get free help and advise, you get to meet the local traffic police, tou might just need a friendly face next time you get stopped ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online