Me and my new wheels

PioneerX
This post is 5889 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

All,

First let me introduce myself (my first post after all)

I'm 30 and a long time biker (full licence at 17, didnt get a car licence until I was 21), however due to differences with my wife I gave it up for almost 8 years. Finally I have been able to convince her that I should get a bike again. I take delivery of my first bike in 8 years on saturday \o/

I looked around at loads of bike and tried a few in the small budget my wife 'authorised' me to use. Finally settling on the XV1100 (1993) in Black.

As you guys no more about the day to day of this bike I have to ask...................what should I know about this bike (goods and bads)?

I'am mechanically minded (especally having build my Louts 7 from scratch myself) so working on a bike is no problem for me.

Well I think thats enough for my first post.

Thanks in advance all.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

All,

I'm 30 and a long time biker (full licence at 17, didnt get a car licence until I was 21), however due to differences with my wife I gave it up for almost 8 years. Finally I have been able to convince her that I should get a bike again. I take delivery of my first bike in 8 years on saturday \o/

I looked around at loads of bike and tried a few in the small budget my wife 'authorised' me to use. Finally settling on the XV1100 (1993) in Black.

As you guys no more about the day to day of this bike I have to ask...................what should I know about this bike (goods and bads)?

I'am mechanically minded (especally having build my Louts 7 from scratch myself) so working on a bike is no problem for me.

Thanks in advance all.

First thing I would do is change the stock seat, it just dose not work. I have a mustang seat and you can ride all day with.

All,

Thanks in advance all.

How many sheats?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online