R6 as first bike! Am i mad!

JayR6
This post is 5886 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

OK, am I mad??? I have today, just bought a new 08 R6 as my first proper bike.

I used to ride a 50cc but that was some 8 years ago on a CBT. I am doing my direct access and decided to go for a new R6.

What are your opinions? I will obviously be taking it very very easy to start with! and I do mean EASY :o)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I used to ride a 50cc but that was some 8 years ago on a CBT. I am doing my direct access and decided to go for a new R6.

What are your opinions? I will obviously be taking it very very easy to start with! and I do mean EASY :o)

Hi,nice choice in bike..what colour did you buy her in?

just gone from an 07 aprilia RS125 to an 08 R6(graphite) just be carefull with that right wrist of yours and become one with the machine and many fun times you will have.

considered any track day outings?

simon

Sweet bikes you have there, take it easy and take your time to get use to them, if you're ridding in this time of the year give the tires plenty of time to worm up and don't be too crazy with the right hand. Roll on summer!!!!! :D

Great bike to start of with.....as long as you respect her. nice power and easy to ride, once you get over 10k in revs, she will change into a nutter, so be warned. Apart from that the R6 can make a really good first bike roll on the summer

:-)

Great bike to start of with.....as long as you respect her. nice power and easy to ride, once you get over 10k in revs, she will change into a nutter, so be warned. Apart from that the R6 can make a really good first bike roll on the summer

:-)

Nice choice mate and they are easy to ride and as the guys have said respect her and shee will you!!! :)

I had a Yamaha BW50 Spy scooter then went to cagiva planet 125 then went back to the scooter while i was at uni then rode into my local yamaha dealer on the scooter and rode out on my R6!!! lol.....was a big change and just take it easy its a lovely bike and great bike to get used to!!!

Hi,nice choice in bike..what colour did you buy her in?

just gone from an 07 aprilia RS125 to an 08 R6(graphite) just be carefull with that right wrist of yours and become one with the machine and many fun times you will have.

considered any track day outings?

simon

Got it in the graphite colour as well. :o)

Will be doing a track day.... once I've got a little settled with it!

Great choice mate. My first ever ride on a bike was the Kawasaki ZX-6R I bought and learned on 5 or 6 years ago. Loads of people said I was mad, but it felt absolutely fine to me. Personally, I think your first bike should be whatever you want it to be. As long as the rider isn't a prat with a death wish of course! lol!

The R6 has two personalities.

Personality 1.

It is happy to cruise at the legal

speed limit and is comfortable when used

as a commute vehicle.

Personality 2.

If you allow it to enter the higher rev range,

typically near the 10,000 region,

it will request permission to fly and

such a request is hard to deny from such a

willing individual.

If you do allow the beast to run free, it's your

duty to ensure it does so in the right place

at the right time.

Don't ever race the others, simply because you can!

wld love to be able to ride an R6 but being a shortass I cant touch the floor!! Can only just make it on tmax which is 50mm lower! Still picking up my new tmax next month as long as yam get them to my dealer by then!

So did the test yesterday and passed :)

First ride on the R6 was last night from Aylesbury to Reading on the back roads. Took some getting use to the positions etc etc but all good!

So did the test yesterday and passed :)

First ride on the R6 was last night from Aylesbury to Reading on the back roads. Took some getting use to the positions etc etc but all good!

so where about do you live ?/ i know both them places . and the weather is starting to get good maybe hook up .. what colour bike did u get>

so where about do you live ?/ i know both them places . and the weather is starting to get good maybe hook up .. what colour bike did u get>

I live in lower earley, just outside of reading and will be back and forth to aylesbury a bit as my bro who's got an R1 lives over there.

Got the R6 in graphite and loving it! when the ol' weather gets a little warmer and my confidence is better (only done 50 miles on it so far!) we should meet for a blast./

:rolleyes: I too have just acquired an r6 however its the 2003 model only 10k on the clock though.

Last rode a bike about 18 years ago and that was a yamaha tdr 250.

Have taken the r6 out only 3 times now but what times they were,cant lean too far at the moment as new dunlops have just been fitted.

:rolleyes: I too have just acquired an r6 however its the 2003 model only 10k on the clock though.

Last rode a bike about 18 years ago and that was a yamaha tdr 250.

Have taken the r6 out only 3 times now but what times they were,cant lean too far at the moment as new dunlops have just been fitted.

Hi im new to the biking scene and just recently got a 2003 r6 as well what kind of exhaust have you got? mines standard and im hoping to replace it soon also its my first bike.

Hi to all. First time on any forum. Picked up an 07 R6 in black with one mile on the clock. Even running it in is great fun. Had an R6 as first bike originally. Its as dangerous as you want it to be. Back to the R6 three years later and cant wait to the summer for the trips to Poole. If you havent been and are living in the area its not to be missed :rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online