CASROL R" bikers arromathrpy>

blackhat250
This post is 5871 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI OUT THERE/ ANYBODY REMEMBER THE SMELL OF" CASTROL R" ; :rolleyes::rolleyes:

DO u still get it & where; is castrol 747 . the same ???

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Castrol R can be bought or ordered from any Motor Factor, but a lot of people confuse it with R40, which was a 2-stroke oil laced with nitromethane/methanol/ethoxyethane and only legal for racing.

Castrol R was an early attempt at 'synthetic' oil as it was a hybrid of mineral oils with castor, linseed and flax oil added to maintain the oil's integrity in racing environments - cyclopentane was often added to reduce 'sludging'.

The smell of Castrol R conjours images of four-and-a-half litre supercharged Bentleys at Brooklands or Manx Nortons/HRD Vincents on the Isle of Man.

R40 is the smell of the Agostini Yamaha at Brands Hatch, reeling in Phil Read's MV Agusta, through the ranks of the JPS Nortons, to take the lead from last spot in five laps during the 1971 750 TransAtlantic Trophy final, with Agostini overtaking Cal Rayburn on his Harley at the apex of Druids Hairpin and then taking Dave Croxford's JPS Norton on the entry to South Bank in the first lap. The best bike race I ever watched...

Two-wheeled warriors! :hail:

:D

Castrol R can be bought or ordered from any Motor Factor, but a lot of people confuse it with R40, which was a 2-stroke oil laced with nitromethane/methanol/ethoxyethane and only legal for racing.

Castrol R was an early attempt at 'synthetic' oil as it was a hybrid of mineral oils with castor, linseed and flax oil added to maintain the oil's integrity in racing environments - cyclopentane was often added to reduce 'sludging'.

The smell of Castrol R conjours images of four-and-a-half litre supercharged Bentleys at Brooklands or Manx Nortons/HRD Vincents on the Isle of Man.

R40 is the smell of the Agostini Yamaha at Brands Hatch, reeling in Phil Read's MV Agusta, through the ranks of the JPS Nortons, to take the lead from last spot in five laps during the 1971 750 TransAtlantic Trophy final, with Agostini overtaking Cal Rayburn on his Harley at the apex of Druids Hairpin and then taking Dave Croxford's JPS Norton on the entry to South Bank in the first lap. The best bike race I ever watched...

Two-wheeled warriors! :hail:

hi / great reply ,wot a hive of knowlage u hav. i also mind the smell at motox meetings 1970s . gona put some in my dt.400 . arriving shortly 4m the states. thanx. :D

http://www.ar-sheldon.com/acatalog/Castrol..._Gear_Oils.html

Lovely smell, used to put a bit in my c70 petrol tank when i was a youth.

thanx for the reply /& ur rite on bout smell of "R". THEM YUNG BIKERS out there gota sample it . :D

How's about Calvin Klien 'R' and 'R40' aftershave? I'd sure wear it in preference to some of the toilet cleaners on the market these days!

Ralph Lauren Polo? Smells like a whore's minge-spray...

• 1 month later...

HI OUT THERE/ ANYBODY REMEMBER THE SMELL OF" CASTROL R" ; :rolleyes::rolleyes:

DO u still get it & where; is castrol 747 . the same ???

o yes do i . i still use it on my old a10 and the mrs .and they both og like hell all d best beza

How's about Calvin Klien 'R' and 'R40' aftershave? I'd sure wear it in preference to some of the toilet cleaners on the market these days!

Ralph Lauren Polo? Smells like a whore's minge-spray...

:o so thats what a whore's minge spray smells like - now I know!

:o so thats what a whore's minge spray smells like - now I know!
DUNNO Openrd. no hoors near here [ am in the sticks] shure wudlike ta find oot. :rolleyes: By the way

West country covers where to where/ doh :huh: ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online