2006 (05) R6 Rear Wheel Meets Pothole

blicky_1
This post is 5927 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

As the weather was good today I thought I would have my first ride out of the year, turned out it could be the most expensive one of the year!!

I was riding along minding my own at about 40mph when I hit a deepi-sh pothole in the road, luckly it did not throw me off just heard a lound bang (and felt it) I thought to myself the front tyre had gone but I seemed to slow down ok with no wheel wobble. Inspecting the front wheel all looked ok but I could hear air rushing out of somewhere, it was the rear wheel!! It has put a large dent in the rim where the air was escaping from:angry: Just about managed to get home (5mls) before it went totally flat on me.

Anyone have any idea how much this is gonna cost me, its a 5SL wheel and tbh it could do with a new Dunlop D218 tyre, I guess I won't have any change out of 1K :o

Wish I had stayed in now!!!!

Bike= R6 2006 (05 model) 2.5k miles

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

As the weather was good today I thought I would have my first ride out of the year, turned out it could be the most expensive one of the year!!

I was riding along minding my own at about 40mph when I hit a deepi-sh pothole in the road, luckly it did not throw me off just heard a lound bang (and felt it) I thought to myself the front tyre had gone but I seemed to slow down ok with no wheel wobble. Inspecting the front wheel all looked ok but I could hear air rushing out of somewhere, it was the rear wheel!! It has put a large dent in the rim where the air was escaping from:angry: Just about managed to get home (5mls) before it went totally flat on me.

Anyone have any idea how much this is gonna cost me, its a 5SL wheel and tbh it could do with a new Dunlop D218 tyre, I guess I won't have any change out of 1K :o

Wish I had stayed in now!!!!

Bike= R6 2006 (05 model) 2.5k miles

You need to make a claim against the council whose pot hole it belongs to. Take some photos and get an exact description of the whereabouts of the very dangerous hole and send them a recorded letter with your claim for the damages incurred. Go to the Citizens Advice Bureux, they will help. You should be able to get all your money back.

yup claim from the council see if there is a section on their website for reporting road faults and see if it had been reported previously all will help, devon county council pays out more in compensation now that they spend on the roads, will they never learn

Merv