R6 exhaust help please

steveg16
This post is 5903 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys, just wondering if you could help me please?

I have an 06 plate R6 (2005 model) and have just bought an Akrapovic slip on exhaust for it. I got it brand new for a really good price but it doesnt include instructions.

I'm not at home at the moment so cant go and see the bike to try and make sense of it. I have fitted exhausts and things to cars before so quite good at the DIY.

Firstly, can anyone tell me how the standard can comes off? which tools do i need? and secondly how does the akrapovic can fit?

From what i can see i have the actual can, a link pipe, 3 springs and something which looks a bit like a jubilee clip.

Is it worth going out and getting some wd40 or similar?

Any help would be great.

Thanks alot, Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Its an easy job and can be done in under 10mins as ive dont it in less than 10 myself and im not a trained mechanic either...

You need 2 sockets and a spanner can remeber what sizes think they are 12mm's. Simply undo the bolt thats being held on by the pillion rearset and there is one clamping the exhaust onto the center section...

There is the gasket which is inside the exhaust and which you just need to stick something under to get it to slide off...

Once thats off....the new exhaust should slide off then put the link pine on then the can and then spings then tighten the allen bolt on the center section and bolt through the pillion rearset...

And ta-daaaa!!!

If all is tight a new exhaust should be fitted!!!

Should look like this after.........

P1010080.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online