fz6 fazer 600

mike aldron
This post is 3496 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i,ve recently purchased a 2006 fz 6 fazer 600, although due to the crap weather i,ve yet to try it out. with regard to the headlight s, the left hand light facing forward seems to be permanent dip,whilst the right hand light comes on full beam when switched, but otherwise is unlit....obviously the two small side lights are on constantly....is this as it should be cheers ,mike

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i,ve recently purchased a 2006 fz 6 fazer 600, although due to the crap weather i,ve yet to try it out. with regard to the headlight s, the left hand light facing forward seems to be permanent dip,whilst the right hand light comes on full beam when switched, but otherwise is unlit....obviously the two small side lights are on constantly....is this as it should be cheers ,mike

thats correct thats how they leave the dealer, if you look round the site you will find a conversion to both lights working in pairs......................

thats correct thats how they leave the dealer, if you look round the site you will find a conversion to both lights working in pairs......................

thanks for that DCR i thought it was as it should be but needed confirmation....mike aldron

Hi, I have recently got a 2008 Model FZ6 Fazer S2 and was glad to hear you can convert the headlights as I would prefer both to be on dipped and then both on full when switched.

I had a quick search on the site and can't find anything on how to do this. Anyone know where it is and any chance of a link to it.

Cheers very much in advance :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have recently got a 2008 Model FZ6 Fazer S2 and was glad to hear you can convert the headlights as I would prefer both to be on dipped and then both on full when switched.

I had a quick search on the site and can't find anything on how to do this. Anyone know where it is and any chance of a link to it.

Cheers very much in advance :D

Try a general search on google for this mod, if you look at where the wiring comes from the switch there should be a green wire,you have 2 options, follow this under the tank to a connector near the head stock you will notice that this is where the green wire ends. connect this wire to the free terminal on your headlight(right hand) and this provides dip beam. When you go to high beam it should switch the dip off. Or just splice the green wire where it comes from the switch and connect this to the spare terminal on the right headlamp. Use a ci$rcuit tester to make sure it is the green wire, it is on a 2006 fazer! Do not bridge from the left to right headlight or it will burn out the headlamp . Easy mod

Good luck

• 1 month later...

Try a general search on google for this mod, if you look at where the wiring comes from the switch there should be a green wire,you have 2 options, follow this under the tank to a connector near the head stock you will notice that this is where the green wire ends. connect this wire to the free terminal on your headlight(right hand) and this provides dip beam. When you go to high beam it should switch the dip off. Or just splice the green wire where it comes from the switch and connect this to the spare terminal on the right headlamp. Use a ci$rcuit tester to make sure it is the green wire, it is on a 2006 fazer! Do not bridge from the left to right headlight or it will burn out the headlamp . Easy mod

Good luck

Hi Howie/Mike,

I have also just purchased an FZ6 Fazer S2 and have wondered how to convert the headlight operation to duel lights, I have searched Google and found some Mod examples but they all seem to be for older models.

The Mod that you have discribed Howie, is that for an S2 or is that for an earlier model as well?

I must admit that I haven't tried riding it at night yet but want as good a light as possible a) to be more visible and B) to see as well as possible at night.

I did ask "Key's" Worthing where I bought it from and they said that they would do the mod on the 600 mile service but then they said they would just connect one light to the other which Howie has said will blow the light.

So in the light of all of this I'm not sure how best to proceed.

A good discription Howie, I will look into this to see if the S2 is as you have discribed it.

Many thanks for the great info

Regards

Kim White.

Hiya,

Thanks for the advice. In the end the bike was in for something else so I just got the Dealer to do it for me - only cost £25 and was a lot less hassle than me trying to do it........

Cheers for now !

• 1 year later...

hey guys! i too bot a fz6 fazer. didn't really notice the headlight problem until my friend was feedling with my bike. i tot something is wrong with the light circuit. wanted to call the shop where i bot from to ask abt it but they are close on sunday. glad to hear that it is as it is. looks like a 1 eyed monster but it dun really look tat bad after sometime. haha.

• 5 years later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online