R6 steering damper

dan2008
This post is 5466 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 4 weeks later...

my 2007 r6 never had one, it was ok to ride, although twitchy on the front end under hard acceleration and higher top speeds. getting a 2008 r6 next week which is heavier on the front end, this is meant to sort out some of the twitch, but i'm going to consider a damper. will see how it rides first.

• 3 months later...

my 2007 r6 never had one, it was ok to ride, although twitchy on the front end under hard acceleration and higher top speeds. getting a 2008 r6 next week which is heavier on the front end, this is meant to sort out some of the twitch, but i'm going to consider a damper. will see how it rides first.

I have the 08' R6, tell me what u think without the Damper...Im trying to get some opinions...im a first time rider and this is my first bike so. Get back to me on that, Thanks Clint

Would you say it's worth fitting a steering damper to the new R6? This bike won't see a track day. Heard it's prone to shaking a bit.

thanks

In a word........No.

I've had no head shakes at all so far. Already done over 1200 miles, and usually like its stolen. :blink:

Spend the money on something like a nice loud pipe!! :D

• 4 weeks later...

yeah.... the r6 shouldnt be sold without one, my k4 gsxr has one from standard

under any hard accel youll feel the front twitch in first 4 gears, if you dont your not accel hard enough lol. iv had an 07 and an 08 r6, it needs a steering damper badly

• 10 months later...

yeah.... the r6 shouldnt be sold without one, my k4 gsxr has one from standard

under any hard accel youll feel the front twitch in first 4 gears, if you dont your not accel hard enough lol. iv had an 07 and an 08 r6, it needs a steering damper badly

i completely agree with you. why it left the factory without one is beyond me!

i had a really scary moment last night where i almost gave up trying to save it i was so convinced i was comming off. was so bad it shock the brake pistons away and had to pump them back.

the 08 R6 definatly NEEDS a steering damper and will be the next thing i buy for it!

i completely agree with you. why it left the factory without one is beyond me!

i had a really scary moment last night where i almost gave up trying to save it i was so convinced i was comming off. was so bad it shock the brake pistons away and had to pump them back.

the 08 R6 definatly NEEDS a steering damper and will be the next thing i buy for it!

Before you buy a damper soften the front rebound dampening 3 or 4 clicks softer than factory setting, you may be surprised with the outcome. Fitting a damper or increasing the resistance on a damper is often only masking symptoms caused by the inproperly adjusted suspension. People often assume that there is a problem with the design of the bike. Out of the crate my GSXR was the most twitchy, diabolicle device that you could ever imagine. A few tweaks to the suspension made a completely different bike out of it. Softening the front rebound rate made by far the greatest improvement. Hope this helps. Paul.

I ride an 02 plate R6 and no steering damper fitted and none will be fitted .I suppose you get used to what your riding (or who lmao ) .I was used to YPVSs before the R6 and it's certainly fun fun fun all the way to ride .The good weather is coming ,get them bikes ready :D

^^^ pfft good wether u should have it out rain or shine :D

and would it be worth fiting it to any other type of bike part from the likes of R1's and R6's ?? or is it not worth it on my MT ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online