LED & Standard Indicators / Turn Signals

eyedee
This post is 5904 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've been trying to choose new pairs of front and rear indicators for my 07 R6. I've been doing research into the available options for weeks now (there are so many) and I'm getting closer to deciding which way I want to go.

I was initially thinking of getting a tail tidy without indicator mounts and then getting an all-in-one rear light (the new tail light encompasses multi colour led's that act as the red tail light, brake light and orange indicators) and a pair of flush fitting clear front LED indicators. I'd still like to go down this route but the light's not road legal and I am concerned that the Police will be stopping me and fining me every opportunity they get - what's the general concensus on that?

The second option is to go for a tail tidy with chrome indicators with clear lenses at the back and clear flush fitting indicators at the front. Thing is, the fronts I am interested in are LED and the rears are standard bulbs. If I wire them up, will the front and rear indicators flash at different time rates to one another?!? And is there are way of solving the problem? If I install a relay, will that affect both the front and rear indicators and put me back in the same position of backs and fronts flashing at different times again? :unsure:

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I must admit i have been thinking about all of this indicator business and i have seen a R6 (5sl shape) with the intigrated rear lights and although yes the bike looked clean with the lines etc i thought it was quite hard to see the indicators and on the new shape it would be even harder id imagine to see the 2 halves of the light apart.....

As for the front flush ones i think they look cool but again might attract unwanted attention.

If i was you id get something like what ive got ive got which are motrax mini indicators as they are similar to standard shape and quite small....

Heres a pic

tn_motrix_cat_eye_mini.jpg

As far as LED goes not entirely sure but im sure someone will be able to give you an answer on that! :)

I must admit i have been thinking about all of this indicator business and i have seen a R6 (5sl shape) with the intigrated rear lights and although yes the bike looked clean with the lines etc i thought it was quite hard to see the indicators and on the new shape it would be even harder id imagine to see the 2 halves of the light apart.....

As for the front flush ones i think they look cool but again might attract unwanted attention.

If i was you id get something like what ive got ive got which are motrax mini indicators as they are similar to standard shape and quite small....

Heres a pic

tn_motrix_cat_eye_mini.jpg

As far as LED goes not entirely sure but im sure someone will be able to give you an answer on that! :)

Thanks for the thoughts and advice. I'm glad you mentioned about the poor visibility of the integrated tail light indicators. I was thinking that might be the case. After some more thought I think I have decided not to install an integrated tail light at the moment, and if I do install one in the future, I'll keep stalk indicators on the bike too for safety. I think I may actually get a set of the new Highway Hawk metal stalks for the rear of the bike and a set of clear crystal semi flush flashers for the front, though I want to make sure they are visable before I fit them.

Cheers :D

For what it's worth here's my two penneth

Motrax do some lovely e approved front flush fitting indicators, I have them on my 04 R6 and I'm sure they also fit the 07.

http://search.lycos.co.uk/searchframe.html...mp;query=motrax then clieck on LED fairing D lights, and then images. They show them fitted to an R1 which use the same lights as an R6.

I also have the rear integrated light/indicator unit fitted. It's never drawn any police attention and I've driven in front of coppers with it many time, both without indicators on and with them on (when I needed to obviously).

The law merely states that indicator must not interfere withe the rearlight/brake light .. as in some american cars where the tail light flashes as the indicator ... but an MOT tester could fail it if he deemed it (mine has passed but I bought it to there attension when booking the MOT in the first place)

I do agree with Matt though they aren't the easiest of indicators to see, and I've actually separated the lens from my original light so I can see about putting some brighter orange LED's into that to make it more visable. Something I don't think your going to have much chance doing with yours.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online