STOLE & RECOVERED...CAN I PUT IT BACK ON THE ROAD

alza06_bhoy
This post is 5903 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone i have a dt125x 2005 model which was bought from company who sells stole & recovered bikes..thing is i want to put it back on the road..i have a some paper work with the reg number..but frame number has been grinded off

can it still be put on the road any help on this would be superb..thanx alza

dtx125.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think you can if you have the paperwork you bought it with. Possibly the police will restamp the frame and you will get issued with a Q plate. Best to check with local police station they should have all the info you need.

thanx Dave C i will go to local police station & check it out cheers alza

hi i am also looking for a good yamaha parts supplier as i need new ignition..thanx alza

Do you know what insurance category the loss was recorded under? (http://www.motorcycle.co.uk/insurance_write_off.htm) Hopefully, it's falls into a category that it can be re-registered. You'll need to apply for the V5, which is £17 I think, and the local Police vehicle inspector will want to pay you a visit. (Don't panic, they're helpful! They may be able to find/recover the original frame number.) It may take a few months to get it all sorted though. Ideally, the original frame number can be re-instated and you can get the original registration too. (I.e. no Q plate.)

It looks very clean. How old is it?

• 5 weeks later...

Do you know what insurance category the loss was recorded under? (http://www.motorcycle.co.uk/insurance_write_off.htm) Hopefully, it's falls into a category that it can be re-registered. You'll need to apply for the V5, which is £17 I think, and the local Police vehicle inspector will want to pay you a visit. (Don't panic, they're helpful! They may be able to find/recover the original frame number.) It may take a few months to get it all sorted though. Ideally, the original frame number can be re-instated and you can get the original registration too. (I.e. no Q plate.)

It looks very clean. How old is it?

i managed to keep the reg number on a stolen recovered bike (engine and (original) frame number matched) but the true frame number was mullered so had to stamp a new number on the bike myself, destroy the fake number and get the local dvla to confirm the new number etc...policeman with a box of chemicals managed to get down to the original number...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online