newbie on board

slysi
This post is 5912 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi to you all i have just joined and want to wish you all a happy new year

im lucky enough to of just purchased a brand new r1 in graphite

i havent got any pictures yet but will add one soon as poss

uptill now ive been a 600 gixer owner i have had 3 srads and i currently

still have my alstare k3 model think ill probally sell it now i have the r1

ive wanted an r1 since i first walked into the local bike shop ,

to get a set of ht leads for my lc 350 back in 98 so its taken ten years

but got there eventuallY , , So Hi to you all,,,,,Si

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome and enjoy the bike, I’ve been thinking about getting one of the new R1’s for some time now, it's an amazing machine but my 2000 has been so good to me for the last 5 years I don’t think I could see it go. :D

Hi to you all i have just joined and want to wish you all a happy new year

im lucky enough to of just purchased a brand new r1 in graphite

i havent got any pictures yet but will add one soon as poss

uptill now ive been a 600 gixer owner i have had 3 srads and i currently

still have my alstare k3 model think ill probally sell it now i have the r1

i have only rode it home from jw groombridge about 40 miles ,

ive wanted an r1 since i first walked into the local bike shop ,

to get a set of ht leads for my lc 350 back in 98 so its taken ten years

but got there eventuallY , , So Hi to you all,,,,,Si

NICE WORK!!!!! i was in a tiz as to buy an R1 or an R6,went for the R6 in the end as it is my first big power bike and i dont want to die just yet :-)...mine is graphite 2....and like you soon as i saw them i knew i had 2 have one.

nice tomeet a like minded yammy lover with the same name as im a simon 2

Some say "better the devil you know"!

All i can say is this bike is so awsome i cant belive how good it is compared with my gsxr 600 thats for sale on ebay i know thats only a 600 but the power delivery on this r1 is out of this world , i cant comment on what any other r1 is like to ride as this is the first one i have rode and owned . Its also so easy to ride at leagal speeds , (just a it boring) Its funny ive owned an r6 5eb model and 4 gsxr 600s and i allways thought id never need any more power than one of them untill that is i got this i couldnt ever go back to a 600 again but saying that if i dont get what i want for my zk3 gsxr alstare i will sell the complete body work and stick race farings on and do trackdays on it . Im not brave enough to take this r1 on the track,.Ps the bike is nearly due for its first service i just cant stay off of it so been clocking up the miles

si

Welcome and enjoy the bike, I’ve been thinking about getting one of the new R1’s for some time now, it's an amazing machine but my 2000 has been so good to me for the last 5 years I don’t think I could see it go. :D

Hi Simon small world eh!

as for not wanting to go for the thou probally a wise choice being the first biggie youv'e owned , thats what every one told me and i belived it so much i didnt bother for years (4 gsxr 600s and an 02 model r6 )quote"(you dont need any more power than the 600)

but now i can say its only as fast as you make it and it can be as docile as a 400 if you want , (trouble is you soon forget that what you want isnt what you need) well happy safe riding on your r6 , and thanks for the welcome

NICE WORK!!!!! i was in a tiz as to buy an R1 or an R6,went for the R6 in the end as it is my first big power bike and i dont want to die just yet :-)...mine is graphite 2....and like you soon as i saw them i knew i had 2 have one.

nice tomeet a like minded yammy lover with the same name as im a simon 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online