'96 TDR125 stuff

This post is 5928 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

Being a newbie to riding and the forum i just wanted to ask a few questions about this particular bike.

Being a '96 TDR 125, Am I correct in saying that the engine is the same as the DT125R of the same year?

Also i would like to get more UUMMPP out of the bike. i've read on other posts about various different derestriction elements, powervalve upgrade/amendments, washers tack welded in the front and rear pipes, a 'snorkel' on the air intake under the seat, changing the spark plug for a performance one and changing the rear sprocket for a DT one!!!! (No doubt i've missed things?) :huh: Will i need to do all of these things or is there a best combination? :blink:

I realise posts like this come up all of the time but your help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello,

Being a newbie to riding and the forum i just wanted to ask a few questions about this particular bike.

Being a '96 TDR 125, Am I correct in saying that the engine is the same as the DT125R of the same year?

Also i would like to get more UUMMPP out of the bike. i've read on other posts about various different derestriction elements, powervalve upgrade/amendments, washers tack welded in the front and rear pipes, a 'snorkel' on the air intake under the seat, changing the spark plug for a performance one and changing the rear sprocket for a DT one!!!! (No doubt i've missed things?) :huh: Will i need to do all of these things or is there a best combination? :blink:

I realise posts like this come up all of the time but your help would be appreciated.

Cheers

hi

tdr motor=dtr motor

but what you really need is another motor.. laugh.gif

and i have in mind something.. biggrin.gif

the dt200r motor.. cool.gif

totally bolt on to the dt125r and tdr....

bore and stroke 66x57=195cc=30ps (stock) at the wheel = 155-160Km/h top speed

a friend has a spare one. if interested i'll ask for a price

cheers

hi

tdr motor=dtr motor

but what you really need is another motor.. laugh.gif

and i have in mind something.. biggrin.gif

the dt200r motor.. cool.gif

totally bolt on to the dt125r and tdr....

bore and stroke 66x57=195cc=30ps (stock) at the wheel = 155-160Km/h top speed

a friend has a spare one. if interested i'll ask for a price

cheers

Thanks for the response

The only problem being in the rapid expanse on the isle of Jersey i'm restricted to having a 125cc engine for a year after passing my test! So i was looking to de restrict the engine, but doing it properly without causing damage. :mellow:

Cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online