nelp my bike is dying!!

alza06_bhoy
This post is 5928 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone i just bought this dt125x nice bike but has just developed this problem when i start bike it ticks over ok but when i put into first gear it starts of well till i give it more throttle then makes a noise as if it losing power..engine starts dying i no its hard to no what i mean but does anyone have an idea what wrong.alza

mybike.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sounds like rich mixture, to much gas not enough air. when was the air filter last changed, has anybody been messing with the carbs. Check the spark plug once its warmed up and it starts dieing, if its black and sooty its a good indication its too rich.

Not much but it gives u a start.

sounds like rich mixture, to much gas not enough air. when was the air filter last changed, has anybody been messing with the carbs. Check the spark plug once its warmed up and it starts dieing, if its black and sooty its a good indication its too rich.

Not much but it gives u a start.

hi 'Dave C' i havent done anything to the bike since i got it.. only been out on it 7 times..but yeah i took out spark plug & its black!! i dont no when air filter was chaneged but it looks clean..your bang on i think its too rich too a friend says he will check carb for me tomorrow..thanx again for the help alza.. :D

things i would check are mixture and also the needle position as mid to wide open throttle are controlled by the needle, needle jet and main jet. Also see if any air jets are blocked.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online