Motorbike show - NEC

markandjen
This post is 5964 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Afternoon all

We went to the motorbike show at the NEC and noticed there were owners clubs there for Honda, Suzuki, Harley, etc, etc but none for us!!

We were also quite disappointed at the Yamaha section so was wondering if anyone would be interested in having a Yamaha owners club there?

As I've said on numerous posts(!!), I'm new to this biking world and love talking to bikers and would have really liked to have seen a stall for us. If anyone's interested, I don't mind getting hold of Yamaha to see if they would fund it or have a little section of their stand next year set up as an owners section. There seems to be a great cameraderie between bikers and certainly bikers of the same manufacturer so if others can have somewhere, then so can we!!!!

Alternatively, if you've looked at it in the past, tell me to shut up!!!

Thanks

Mark

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey thats sounds like a top idea, My mate just got a job with a local Yammy dealer I'll ask him to see what needs to be done, costs ect get back to you. :D

Morning Thundercat

Excellent, thanks. That'd be great if your mate can get some info. If you can let me know and I'll see what I can sort out. Never tried before but I'll do my best.

It would be excellent to have something in place - can't have those others showing us up!!!

Thanks

Mark

Hi DJ

I'll wait for Thundercat to see if we can get any information and then I'll speak to the Yamaha HQ. I'll see what they would be prepared to fund, how often, etc, etc.

I'll try and encourage them to see that it would be in their best interest - by that I mean if people thinking of joining the biking world could see and hear the banter among riders they may be more prepared to take the lessons and if the leap was made as a result of over hearing us lot, then they might buy a Yamaha - perhaps we should then ask for a percentage!!!

What ever, I can or can't get, I will let you all know.

Fingers crossed!!

Mark

Hi DJ

I'll wait for Thundercat to see if we can get any information and then I'll speak to the Yamaha HQ. I'll see what they would be prepared to fund, how often, etc, etc.

I'll try and encourage them to see that it would be in their best interest - by that I mean if people thinking of joining the biking world could see and hear the banter among riders they may be more prepared to take the lessons and if the leap was made as a result of over hearing us lot, then they might buy a Yamaha - perhaps we should then ask for a percentage!!!

Fingers crossed!!

Mark

Dont hold your breath with Yam UK, they dont seem to keen to support there owners, speaking from past experience. Although if you emphasize that it will be largely sports bike owners you may have more luck, as they are not bothered about the cruiser market.

Hi DJ

Fingers crossed!!

Mark

Cool! Keep us posted! :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online