My 04/05 R6

Matt Hillyard
This post is 5955 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Sorry i havent been about much recently i've been a very busy boy and have been buying more toys for the R6....

....since my last time on here ive got:

- YEC Billet Exhaust hanger

- Yamaha Carbon Firbe Chain guard

- Yamaha Carbon Chain fin

- Yamaha Carbon fairing inserts

- Yamaha Carbon Hugger

- Yamaha Carbon Swingarm boot protector

- Yamaha Carbon front fender

- Zero Gravity Light smoke double bubble screen

- D.I.D gold chain and new sprocket

This goes along with:

- Carbon Akrapovic Can

- R&G Tail tidy

- R&G Bobbins

- Yamaha single seat cowl

- Yamaha Racing Tank protector

- Motrax Mini indicators

- Michelin Pilot Power Tyres

- White reflective rim tape

Its now looking quite smart and a tidy machine.

I have been toying with the idea of getting a paint job on the bike but am still undecided as although i know what i want its whether i can justify it as ive just spent out on all those extras so far!

What else do you think i should do to the R6?!?!?!

Here are the pics so far and before anyone tries to catch me out i am aware that the carbon swing arm boot protector and carbon hugger arent on but that is becuase they are sitting in the garage awaiting to go on and took the pics just to see what you guys think!!

P1000935.jpg

P1000942.jpg

P1000988.jpg

P1000998.jpg

P1010076.jpg

P1010080.jpg

P1010081.jpg

P1010083.jpg

P1010089.jpg

P1010092.jpg

P1010073.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Looking good Matt, a nice set of rearsets and new levers would look good on it.

Might try the carbon fairing infills myself, cos I'm sick of the normal black plastic ones snapping at the mounting lugs.

Thanks Chris.

Yeah the Carbon ones look the nuts although they arent cheap they do look amazing when you look at them when sitting on the bike!!! If you do decide to look into it check Ebay as you can normally find some stunning bargains on there for carbon parts!

Ive got my eyes on some gilles rear sets and pazzo levers so they will be next on the list along with some renthal grips as as ive heard they make a nice little touch! :)

Not bad for a daily ride i guess!!! :D thats why i had it all apart in the first few pics to give it a good clean up as the roads have been a bit nasty recently so to make sure the metals are cleaned and protected! :)

Cheers,

Matt

Your last photoshowing the rear end also shows the shock absorber mounting. The top bolt of the mount doesn't appear to be long enough for safety. With that type of nut there should be a minimum of at least one full thread and the standard is three full threads past the end of the nut. Sorry but for your safety, I comment.

Nice bits though!

Your last photoshowing the rear end also shows the shock absorber mounting. The top bolt of the mount doesn't appear to be long enough for safety. With that type of nut there should be a minimum of at least one full thread and the standard is three full threads past the end of the nut. Sorry but for your safety, I comment.

Nice bits though!

What bolt am i looking at??? I cant see any that are short?!?!? Will check tonight though!!!

Cheers,

Matt

Hey hunni,

Wow looking good there babe, as for a paint job I whouldn't unless your gonna keep the original fairings and spray up molds, people always think a bikes been smacked up if the paints not factory. Shes lush just the way she is anyway.

Keep up the good work x x

Hey hunni,

Wow looking good there babe, as for a paint job I whouldn't unless your gonna keep the original fairings and spray up molds, people always think a bikes been smacked up if the paints not factory. Shes lush just the way she is anyway.

Keep up the good work x x

Totaly with thundercat2325 on this. Resprays devalue your bike, if your really wanting to have a spray I'd get a set of panels of Ebay and keep the originals.

Right i think i might re think the respray idea as thats very true that you dont generally see a respray unless its hit teh deck!

Just got the hugger and swingarm protectors fitted so more pics of it completed soon!!!!

Just want the weather to be better so i can go and give it a good blast!!!

:D:D