what speed in what gear .. no tach

dougschoen
This post is 5976 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just purchased a 2007 V Star 1100 Custom Midnight, my first bike without tach. Can anyone tell me approx how fast can go in each gear, trying to do it by ear but wondering if i am revving too little or too much. May get a tach eventually. Thanks for any help.

Also, i read a lot about jet kits and hyperchargers .. why would/should i get either of these?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest stancamden

You should be able to go as fast as you like in leathers.

It might be advisable to go a bit slower in wet weather gear as the roads might be slippery.

If you've been smoking some good gear, best to stay off the bike and eat mars bars instead.

If you want to get moving you might consider getting your arse into gear.

What is it with kids today? They need gismos for everything. They can't go anywhere without an MP3 player, can't find their way back from the shops without a SatNav, and can't sit indoors without a Wii.

What next? A gadget to tell them when to go to the toilet?

The uPu has a sniffer device to detect unpleasant odours and incorporates a directional lcd display so the user can tell if the "purp"etrator is the user, the dog or grannie. Please note that this feature does not work well in small enclosed environments such as tents. lifts and skuba masks. The more sophisticated uPu+ incorporates a motion detector which is fitted to the perineum to sense when Mr Tortoise is popping his head out and a potientiometer which measures the moisture content of ones knickers. If either is detected an alarm is sounded in the form of a discreet hum. If an accident should occur while you uPu+ is in the Wet Fart Detection Mode, an SMS text message will be automatically sent to Mum's phone requesting that she despatch some clean undies and a packet of baby wipes. The washing machine will be powered up and switched to standby if the home automation option has been installed.