When people point

Daiv
This post is 5984 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

When People Point ....

My Black R6 generates much pointing and visual admiration

as I pass by people on the street, in their cars, on the bus ....

What's the coolest, least arrogant response to admirers like them?

Nod, rev it, thumbs up, floor it, wheelie, ignore them.... ?

How do you respond?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Usually I get the Hmph look from other riders and drivers..especially at red lights. SO...seeing as where I work I dont really worry about seeing blue lights behind me....SO I show them what my 82 seca has in it...and leave em.

I had two highschool girls leaving school give me the thumbs up when I was turning at a 4way. So I jumped on the gas in 1st and then went to switch to 2nd but put it in nuetral and redlined it and you know how it is when you hit neutral suddenly. You lerge forward some. I felt like a tool. Which I thought was funny.

And one time while parked at a space where the main flow of traffic goes right by you. A guy comes by and says "Nice bike man".

Also for the guys out there who think you have to have a brand new GSXR,R1,600rr,etc to impress the ladies. You don't. Girls see a motorcycle that looks somewhat sporty and they think "Fast" and "Cool". Even guys think that who aren't around motorcycles.

Even on my 94 SecaII a girl who use to own a CBR600 F4i(My favorite bike) loved my bike and wanted to go on rides with me. Even though she owned a bike that could stomp mine.

What I did hate is if you are passing some kids they always want you to wheelie. But I couldn't on my bike so I'd just rev it knowing they are disappionted.

When People Point ....

How do you respond?

When I'm on my MV Agusta with matching one piece leathers & get addmiring looks from beautiful young women

who cann't keep there eye s off me , and everone else going green with envy . I useualy respond by turning off the bleeding alarm clock.......yes I was only dreaming , but never mind :lol:

I was waiting at some lights yesterday when a bloke yelled at me from across the road ...

'Is that an R6 mate'?

I nodded Yes.

For a full minute he yelled to me saying ...

'I have *£$% and it's (!"$£ 1976. I bought it %^£$ *&"$

and *!&%!' etc etc.

I couldn't really hear him because he was across the road and I had

my helmet on and cars either side of me.

Nice of him to acknowledge my machine though.

My Midnight Black R6 draws plenty of admiring looks from all and sundry - except most bikers. Then it usually draws revving of engines and nasty looks. But that's usually followed by the twat unsafely overtaking me in a fit of jealousy in which they nearly lose it or crash into an oncoming car etc. Seriously - happens to me alot. But I do live in London - and Londeners are completely different from every other city or countryside dweller in the UK. When I visit my parents in Cambridge I always get people stopping for me, saying "thanks" when you let them out of a side road, flashing to let you pass at junctions etc. In London I get people trying to kill me.

with the ladies it has to be a bit or redline action for em, but the key is to look at them, even if they cant see you behind your tinted visor point your helmet at them and they know. its all about the looking. i find revving it up, drag racing at lights with amin i wheelie thrown in for laughs. but my favourite

cane it down the road in 1st roll off the throttle a little and listen to your exhaust burble and spit some flames, god bless carbs and my scorpion can.

When People Point ....

How do you respond?

Hey,. yea i have a black ninja zx12r and i have a lot of pointers and lookers too but i just nod dude...keep your hands on the bars its the way they like it too.

Hey,. yea i have a black ninja zx12r and i have a lot of pointers and lookers too but i just nod dude...keep your hands on the bars its the way they like it too.

hands on the grips and rubber side down is impressive enough.

not that my 500cc 500lb bike could do a wheelie if you shot it in the ass, but still. just be cool. dont show off. thats how people get killed. enjoy your ride and the (sometimes scantily dressed) scenery.

:)

You simply acknowledge their recognition by riding past slowly, gracefully and with head looking ahead as though oblivious to their obvious awe and singularly focused attention...

...then you wake up and face another day back in reality bro :)

When People Point ....

How do you respond?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online