Homebased anti-mist solutions

drewpy
This post is 5960 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just looking at anti-mist products for inside visors and they are damn expensive.

Anyone have a cheaper solution (sic!) that I can use.

I used to put neat washing up liquid in mine and polish up, but that doesn't work as well now for some reason.

did a google search and a product called "Mr Min" was mentioned which is a silicon based furniture polish (not available in UK)

so come on Yammy owners , spill the beans.........

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi mate, iv been having the same problem as you with misting on the inside of my visor, that is until one of my mates put me in touch with this lot visorvision (www.visorvision.co.uk) they do a product called fogtech it comes in wipe or bottle form, this stuff is great

RainX anti fog for the inside and RainX repelant on the outside.

If you get up to a decent speed the moisture build up on the outside will bead and roll off fast...the anti fog doesnt fair so well...I think its more for moisture building up in a controlled environment like in a car rather that 2 inches from your face.

drewpy

try any silicone based polish I:E car dash polish

i seem to remember the day i went for my test 4 years ago (it was pissing with rain) i went into the local bike shop for some anti mist and gerald the owner and general great guy gave my visor a coat of some kind of silicone polish

merv

Just looking at anti-mist products for inside visors and they are damn expensive.

I used to put neat washing up liquid in mine and polish up, but that doesn't work as well now for some reason.

did a google search and a product called "Mr Min" was mentioned which is a silicon based furniture polish (not available in UK)

Don't use washing up liquid of any sort, it's got salt in it which scratches any surface. I use good old fashioned Spit, it works on all diving masks and is proven, spit on the visor (inside of course), smear around to cover the entire surface then wipe off with a damp cloth, job done. Sounds a little disgusting but it's plentiful and free. Try it before you pass judgement.

Get yourself a Foggy Breathguard, only £12, bloody fantastic :D

Thanks for the replies Folks, I'll start with the cheapest (merv's) and work my way up. :D

Do these things fit into lift-front visors?

It says not. It attaches to the cheek pads and a Velcro pad on the chin guard pulls it away from your mouth forming a chamber to stop you suffocating!

It says not. It attaches to the cheek pads and a Velcro pad on the chin guard pulls it away from your mouth forming a chamber to stop you suffocating!

i wear a baclava in cold weather, but it actually focuses the breath mist on the visor, so i flip it out of the way when i have to stop.

but spit..... i gotta say, having used dive masks before, i tried it.

sounds gross.

works like a champ. seriously. pretty much anything you use on the inside of your visor will have an eventually negative effect on visibility because of the chemicals in it.... i've never had a problem using saliva.

saliva and a rinse with diluted water, so you don't have to wipe it off. it should dry spot free, and shouldn't fog either. good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stancamden

The foggy face mask is very good. It does not stop my protective glasses misting up when I'm putting my gloves on but once you get going the moving air clears that away. The foggy is great when it is very cold and/or raining, covering the cheeks and mouth (ie the areas not covered by protective glasses and the chin piece of the helmet).

Since I got mine, I have not missed the sting of ice cold rain pellets against my face nor the drip of icy water as it runs down towards my neck.

When scuba diving, the trick is to spit on the glass and then just rinse it off. I would avoid wiping the visor as far as possible.

I have some rain-x in the back of the car. Will try it on the visor and specs.

Halfords do an own brand and i have used it with great resultys on goggles while riding off road. It is a water repleant/mist inhibitor. It was around a fiver and because you only need a very small amount of it, i have had mine for e 2 years now. I think that qualifies as cheap

• 2 weeks later...