First 100 Miles (160 KMS )

Mike's76-XS360
This post is 5980 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I reached the first little milestone in my young road riding career (100 miles). I marked the occasion by running out of fuel. I was lucky to be at a parking lot where I coasted in, to switch the tank to reserve. and fired her back up. Incidently, I was on my way to get fuel, my first ride in moderate traffic.

What a thrill it has been already. It has been a long time since I have been this consumed and excited by anything with the exception of God moments.

I started out in my yard, practicing starting, stopping, circles and steering around pilons. when I got bored of this I rode on country roads with next to nil traffic. Today in Chatham, Ontario Canada the temperature was an unseasonable 15' c and I took advantage of it by riding to the lake ( about 20 KMS one way ). I managed to stay composed for the whole trip. When I got home though I was stoked! I love this riding thing even when it is cold. I can't wait until next spring to ride in comfortable weather. I'm thinking I will never want to get off her.

Mike

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I reached the first little milestone in my young road riding career (100 miles). I marked the occasion by running out of fuel. I was lucky to be at a parking lot where I coasted in, to switch the tank to reserve. and fired her back up. Incidently, I was on my way to get fuel, my first ride in moderate traffic.

What a thrill it has been already. It has been a long time since I have been this consumed and excited by anything with the exception of God moments.

I started out in my yard, practicing starting, stopping, circles and steering around pilons. when I got bored of this I rode on country roads with next to nil traffic. Today in Chatham, Ontario Canada the temperature was an unseasonable 15' c and I took advantage of it by riding to the lake ( about 20 KMS one way ). I managed to stay composed for the whole trip. When I got home though I was stoked! I love this riding thing even when it is cold. I can't wait until next spring to ride in comfortable weather. I'm thinking I will never want to get off her.

Mike

Hi Mike, and welcome to the world of the "Biker". you have just had me in a fit of joy thinking of all the joy I have had

and still have "being on her" and don´t want to get off. the strories/tails I could tell are to long and to many good and

sad ones, but for you its going to be one hell of a ride. live the dream and stay safe .

navi

66year old with 08 hornet600 and newFZ1

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Well done it is a great thrill first time on a bike that you own. It took me 2 months to do 100 mile on my 125 but just got a FZ^ Fazer s2 and it is just shy of 1800miles in to months.

Geoff

Hi Mike

Well done!!!

It's a chilly 3 or 4 degrees for us so we can keep riding but hopefully you'll be counting down the days till spring!! Just remember to give her a bit of tlc and start her through the winter months - don't want to get the first warmish day and find the battery is flat!!

I'm like Geoff, can't keep off the thing. Use it for commuting mostly and the odd fun run when I'm allowed but have still done the best part of 2500 since August.

Good luck next year!!

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

picked up my bike two days ago and allready done 80 miles

cant get enough of it

was slightly embarassing running out of fuel at the traffic lights though

I have done that on more than one occasion!!!!!!!

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Have you seen the photo where a man and his mountain bike are tucked up in a tent and the girlfriend is in her sleeping bag outside the tent!!

She wasn't happy about it thou! lol

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online