one for the scottish people of this fair isle

drewpy
This post is 5850 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

40 degrees:

Californians shiver uncontrollably.

People in Scotland sunbathe.

35 degrees:

Italian cars won't start.

People in Scotland drive with the windows down.

20 degrees:

Floridians wear coats, gloves, and wool hats.

People in Scotland throw on a T-shirt.

15 degrees:

Californians begin to evacuate the state.

People in Scotland go swimming in the sea.

0 degrees:

New York landlords turn the heat on.

People in Scotland have a last barby before it gets cold.

-10 degrees:

People in Miami are extinct.

People in Scotland lick flagpoles.

-20 degrees:

Californians all now live in Mexico.

People in Scotland throw on a light jacket.

-80 degrees:

Polar bears begin to evacuate the Artic.

Scottish Boy Scouts postpone winter survival excercise until it gets cold enough.

-100 degrees:

Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.

People in Scotland wear a vest and pull down their ear flaps.

-173 degrees:

Ethyl alcohol freezes.

People in Scotland are angry 'cos they can't thaw their whisky kegs.

-297 degrees:

Microbial life starts to grind to a halt.

Scottish cows complain of farmers with cold hands.

-460 degrees:

ALL atomic motion stops.

People in Scotland start saying " A bit hill billy ... eh? "

-500 degrees:

Hell freezes over.

Scottish people support England in the World Cup

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 3 months later...

Ha!

You're WAY off about Florida. If it drops below 70 we break out the jackets and gloves! The coldest day we've had this winter was probably 40 daytime, 30 at night, and it's already spring here. :tounge:

Ha!

You're WAY off about Florida. If it drops below 70 we break out the jackets and gloves! The coldest day we've had this winter was probably 40 daytime, 30 at night, and it's already spring here. :tounge:

OK I promise to cheer on eng, at euro champshps, [oop"s didna qualify :rolleyes: ]

& peabody , wud like to have u visit , better be after may month tho . Wind+2/5 degree just now; Cuts right thru ye.

AM Cummn over the pond in summer NRTH CAROLINA. ELIZEBETH CITY. Looked at ur profile dosna say where u from ?

wud be good to see yeh . :offtopic:

OK I promise to cheer on eng, at euro champshps, [oop"s didna qualify :rolleyes: ]

& peabody , wud like to have u visit , better be after may month tho . Wind+2/5 degree just now; Cuts right thru ye.

AM Cummn over the pond in summer NRTH CAROLINA. ELIZEBETH CITY. Looked at ur profile dosna say where u from ?

wud be good to see yeh . :offtopic:

I'm in Gainesville, Florida. You probably haven't heard of the University of Florida (invented Gatorade, 50,000+ students)

but they're here. Your destination is about 650 miles south. (what the hell is in Elizabeth City?) You will be in one of the best places in the United States for riding motorcycles. The real riding is on the western side. BTY, Scottish festivals are BIG in the U.S. It's how I got into piping. Luckily the weather in the mountains there is closer to your liking (only gets in the upper 80's, low 90's.

Since I'm going to be a dad in 3 months, I'm probably not going to get a chance to travel any.

I'm in Gainesville, Florida. You probably haven't heard of the University of Florida (invented Gatorade, 50,000+ students)

but they're here. Your destination is about 650 miles south. (what the hell is in Elizabeth City?) You will be in one of the best places in the United States for riding motorcycles. The real riding is on the western side. BTY, Scottish festivals are BIG in the U.S. It's how I got into piping. Luckily the weather in the mountains there is closer to your liking (only gets in the upper 80's, low 90's.

Since I'm going to be a dad in 3 months, I'm probably not going to get a chance to travel any.

Thats a pity; plenty o" time when kids are up. [ELIZABETH CITY ] Got relations there married a U.S. navy guy.

[NORFOLK VARGINIA BASE CLOSE BY] And by the way just bought a bike from guy in gorgia [bRADS BIKES] Think he buys bikes at DETONA B) Auctions . sounds good guy . u heard of him ?

Thats a pity; plenty o" time when kids are up. [ELIZABETH CITY ] Got relations there married a U.S. navy guy.

[NORFOLK VARGINIA BASE CLOSE BY] And by the way just bought a bike from guy in gorgia [bRADS BIKES] Think he buys bikes at DETONA B) Auctions . sounds good guy . u heard of him ?

Norfolk is a nice area, lots of carriers based there and frigates under construction. You will probably be disappointed with Busch Gardens. It's European themed (even has a shop with knock-off bagpipes), but poorly done. Pizza in "England", hamburgers and fries in "Italy", tacos in "Germany." I'm sure you get the picture. Typical American, geography flunky must have set it up.

Never heard of Brads, but I'll see if I can dig anything up. Gotta be careful, though. Last rally I went to several trailer loads of bikes were being seized by the cops. They were all stolen and then sold on Ebay. If you do get to do some riding here, be careful, we Americans do know shit about driving.

• 2 weeks later...

drewpy mate you are an absolute hoot.

Living in Cumbria (rain for 358 days a year, snow for the other week) I know exactly what you mean.

I showed your post to my family and there were tears rolling down their faces.

Thanks for a bloody good laugh.

All the best

7omly

Hate to say it, but ya Scots would have been extinct in Florida yesterday. 90 degrees F. Almost rode without my leathers. If it gets any warmer I'll have to turn on the air conditioning.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha ha, that's pretty good OP. It gets pretty cold here in Ottawa, but I've heard it's paltry compared to the kind of cold you get in Scotland. The coldest day this year was probably -31C with the wind (I think that's -23F).

I watched a video about vacationing in Scotland. When they said the summers get up to 50 deg. F I had to hear it again to believe it. Thats a cold day. I don't think I have the right gear to visit.

blackhat,

it's been fun chatting with ya, but the American bashing is apparently condoned and encouraged by the moderators. Whether I'm kicked off this site or not, I'll be on the American yamaha forum. Have a safe trip to the states this summer.

blackhat,

it's been fun chatting with ya, but the American bashing is apparently condoned and encouraged by the moderators. Whether I'm kicked off this site or not, I'll be on the American yamaha forum. Have a safe trip to the states this summer.

How wrong you are. You have a tarnished view on history and in particular the English. Your racist and bigoted rants have forced me to take the action that is being took. We have a great set of Yanks that frequent this forum and not ONCE have I ever had to PM anyone of them. In 1 day alone I have had a number of reports against YOU. So I traced your posts and found you to be very ignorant and insecure in your delivery. But let me point 1 thing out to YOU that you cannot comprehend. Check your history books and see where the English language originated......YES IN MY BACK YARD. I am a GEORDIE and we "fornicated" the English language. It is people like YOU that have BASTARDISED it.

This is a YAMAHA BIKE forum, not a communual place to bash the pond brothers! You know YAMAHA the JAPANESE bike manufacturer. Now stop being a hypocrite and get on with the bike chat, if you can't do that then leave. I believe the majority will not miss you.

This post is 5850 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.