wobbly xj900f

keithy
This post is 5864 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a xj900f (92). The front end is going crazy on me. very severe wobble at all speeds. I've had a mechanic check the headset - he says it's ok. i have a set of matched tyres, and i can find no unusual movement in the swinging arm. I'm wondering has any other owner ever had this problem, or one similar on other bikes. Any advice would be welcomed.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

We had this a few months ago on here. Don't know the outcome.

This type of problem might not be straightforward. The tail can wag the dog so start looking around the rear end for the reason.

First check that the tyre (tires) are running straight and no bulges. Check the rear wheel bearings, swing arm movement and rear shocks for movement. Do all of this with the rear off the ground and give it a good pull and shake.

• 3 months later...

I have a xj900f (92). The front end is going crazy on me. very severe wobble at all speeds. I've had a mechanic check the headset - he says it's ok. i have a set of matched tyres, and i can find no unusual movement in the swinging arm. I'm wondering has any other owner ever had this problem, or one similar on other bikes. Any advice would be welcomed.

Hi keithy

I have an XJ900F 'K' reg '92 model. And mine does a similar thing!

But, on mine it is more at slower speeds, ie riding thru traffic, going rond bends slowly etc etc.

I too have had various people look her over, and nothing was found to be wrong!

At her last MOT she had new front wheel bearings fitted, that was about 6 months ago.

That didn't solve the problem neither!!!

It is obviously a lot worse when two's up and loaded for a rally, can hardly make it through traffic jams without putting feet down and walking!!

And with rally season just about to start for us, it would be very much appreciated if, as you say, anyone has any idea's :(

Cheers

Micky

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online