Clothing

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2
This post is 5949 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Hi all,

Just thought I would be noise and see what sort of clothing you guys were when out the bike in the winter, summer, track days and commuting??

My self is:

Commuting is Hein Gericke Jacket (Textile) most the time I use my hein gericke Jeans (Leather) unless I go to college and then it is swift textile jeans. I have started using Sidi Vetigo boots (only bought them to day) and either my Technik Leather gloves or textile (cannot remember the name) and oh yea the most important bit I use a Caberg V2 helmet. ( 10/10 for the helmet as it has an inner dark visor great for when it is sun rise and sun set)

On the track i will use my (crashed and bashed due to donnington park incident) Akito Imola 2pc suit and my sidi boots but I havn't got a spear helmet any more as I ditched the helmet at donnington park back in june. oh yea and i use my Technik gloves.

In the summer I use my hein gericke leathers and usally in the winter if I am feeling really brave!! but most of the time in the winter i use my Hein gericke textile jacket.

As you have my of guessed I like my hein Gericke clothing. It is very good quility and both the leathers and textile are very waterproof so I can stay nice and dry and usally boiling hot when it is pissing it down.

Regards,

Geoff

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As I have yet to ride in summer I've gone for warmth in winter with the Frank Thomas textile jacket and trousers, both have detatchable innerlining so I can actually comfortable wear my work clothes underneath when I commute. I've got some Spada gloves, which seem to be made of just air and actually need to get off my ass and buy a winter version so frostbite doesn't set in. In the summer theres a wicked Hein Gericke leather jacket I want but also torn between the all in one leathers, cause I freakin love them. Have got the Caberg helmet with the tinted visor too, tis brill, and very top gun lol.

Bex

Hi Geoff and Bex

Well, I wish I had as much to choose from as you!!!

I only started my biking in August so with the expense of everything only have one set of clothes which are:

Forma boots - very good but quite a lot of stitching on the front which chose to leak recently. Sprayed them with Nikwax which seems to have done the trick. No linings or anything but just wear my normal socks - warm enough.

KBC Helmet - can't remember the model. Only has a clear visor. Vents are excellent. A bit tight at first but worn in a bit now.

Clothing - Ixon textile jacket and trousers. I had my lessons in July when we had all the rain and they didn't leak at all. They don't have a waterproof lining or anything but are fab. The jacket has an internal zip and the trousers have a removable lining. Started using the lining in the trousers recently. Just wear my shirt (on work days) or t shirt with a thermal top underneath and a rugby top and that is fine - even in the chilly mornings.

Gloves - have a thin leather pair which I wore until early Oct. No lining or anything but really comfy. Bought a pair of Revitt windproof and water proof gloves which are pretty good. Still get chilly fingers but nothing too bad.

Also wear a illuminous bib now it's dark on the commute. Better to be seen before you're run down eh!!!

Going to the bike show for a nose round to see if there are any bargains at the end of the month. Might buy boots but really happy with my wardrobe!!

Have fun both

Hi all,

Just thought I would be noise and see what sort of clothing you guys were when out the bike in the winter, summer, track days and commuting??

My self is:

Commuting is Hein Gericke Jacket (Textile) most the time I use my hein gericke Jeans (Leather) unless I go to college and then it is swift textile jeans. I have started using Sidi Vetigo boots (only bought them to day) and either my Technik Leather gloves or textile (cannot remember the name) and oh yea the most important bit I use a Caberg V2 helmet. ( 10/10 for the helmet as it has an inner dark visor great for when it is sun rise and sun set)

On the track i will use my (crashed and bashed due to donnington park incident) Akito Imola 2pc suit and my sidi boots but I havn't got a spear helmet any more as I ditched the helmet at donnington park back in june. oh yea and i use my Technik gloves.

In the summer I use my hein gericke leathers and usally in the winter if I am feeling really brave!! but most of the time in the winter i use my Hein gericke textile jacket.

As you have my of guessed I like my hein Gericke clothing. It is very good quility and both the leathers and textile are very waterproof so I can stay nice and dry and usally boiling hot when it is pissing it down.

Regards,

Geoff

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Well I have been riding since september 2005 and I havn't mentioned all the cloths I have. i think its a another set of leathers and textile cloths plus another pair of boots

Well i usually wear Akito Python textile jacket and pants (apparently waterproof- ha ha yeah right) Also have a cheap set of raingear which is in and out of the saddlebags more thanthe tank is filled. Hein Gericke leather jacket and denim (draggin) jeans for the rare summer day we get (but raingear on standby). Akito Viper boots and Akito leather gloves for all occasions (thermal gloves worn inside for colder days). Shark open face helmet with visor for cold/wet runs.

Two light and two heavy balaclavas, weather dependent.

Thats the lot...

I ride all year round so obviously change my gear to suit the season/weather.

I always wear SIDI Vertebra II leather boots. Not exactly warm in winter, but definitely livable with. In the rain, wind and general cold I wear a pair of PVC waterproof over-trousers. Gotta get a pair of protective trouses really, although it's suprising how well you slide in PVC! I wear an Alpinestars leather jacket in all weathers. In the winter months I wear a Cold Killers under-jacket too (which is brilliant btw) and a snood that covers my neck. That meant my SHOEI helmet kept steaming up so I got a Fog City insert for the visor (which is also brilliant) so I can see where I'm going. Glovewise it's a pair of Alpinestars GP Pro glove in summer and a pair of HELD Ice-Breaker gloves in winter. Although the Ice-Breakers have won loads of awards and are meant to be one of the best winter gloves available for £100 odd, my fingers still get frozen through during my 25 mile journey each day. I've been trying to find a solution to frozen and numb fingers for years. I've tried four different heated grips (Oxford digitals have been best but still only warm the inside of your hand - not the front of your fingers where it matters) and I tried muffs - but they don't fit on sports bikes very well! :lol: All that's really needed is a wind break to stop the freezing wind hitting the front of the glove - but I've never found anything suitable. So if anyones got an answer, please let me know! :)

oh yea i always use thin balaclavas either 1 or 2 at a time

and four pairs of underware..... use em like visor tear strips :lol::blink:

But there is nothing like having a spare balaclava in the pocket during a long ride on a warm day when it suddenly rains cos you can always throw on the dry warm one on the return journey. mmmm toasty...

I suppose im the only one who does this, i dont care. I also carry spare ear plugs too.. just in case i loose one..

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

I suppose im the only one who does this, i dont care. I also carry spare ear plugs too.. just in case i loose one..

nope i do the same

Well, cheap is the word for me when it comes to bike clothing cos i hardly do any riding.

Shoei Raid II in blue and unscratched (so far)

Diadora boots, no idea if they have a name, they were about 40 quid in my local bike shop sale.

Tend to just wear normal jeans, & have a set of cheap waterproof trousers I can pull on ower the top.

Buffalo summer gloves which were dirt cheap and are excellent. Comfy, plenty strong & warm enough all year round.

Alpinestars drystar jacket, armour on shoulders & elbows & fleece lining removed. Plenty warm enough.

Oh, and the wife's undercrackers (joke)

• 2 weeks later...

I have loads of gear and it depends on the ride Im going to take

Commuting any season ... Im fully covered. Full face, Tour master Flex armored jacket with Rockgardn chest and back proctector, full fingered Alpinester (<-spelling ?) armored gloves, First Gear overpants with armor.

Winter time commuting -- add Tourmaster heated Jacket liner and gloves and the winter liner for the First Gear overpants. Lightweight and comfortable and very very toasty warm.

Winter time ride - I may not use the chest and back protector.

Summer time ride - will remove the First Gear winter liner from the overpants and all liners and panels from the Tour Master Flex. On the bottom half Ill use either the Bohn armor adventure shorts or the Bohn Armor cool air pant under the overpant or jeans respectively. Up top I'll usually just where the Tour master flex jacket and gloves.

For the night time commute I carry one of those crossing guard belts so that these knuckleheads dont rear end me on the dark interstates of central NC.

I prefer to run 180mph so the wind doesn't get on me. Just kidding.

I haven't ridden much since I sold my bike and am currently working on a project bike. But when it did get cold(And I hate cold with a passion) I'd wear my Motoboss jacket with the rain liner and a hoody over the jacket. Then I got a neopron face mask from a hunting store to keep the wind off of me. And sucked it up when it came to my jeans. But good boots kept me fairly warm in the feet. I never had good gloves so those never helped. But have heard that putting a surgical glove underneath your normal gloves help.

Summer time I wear a motoboss kevlar jacket and remove the rain liner if too hot. With the rain liner gone it breathes great. Jeans for riding.

hrm lets see.

since i also only got my bike in august, here goes.

I have a single two-piece suit, made by joe rocket. it is textile, but is part of their sport touring collection (second hand), so it zips together into a single piece. it isnt insulated, but its pretty good at keeping the wind off me. (also, it has knee pucks for some reason, so if i ever really need to get the bike leaned over, im covered heh...). I have a scorpion exo 400 helmet, and some pull on mid-calf length boots that i wear all the time. i have two pairs of gloves, some older jt ones that are relatively thin textile, and some textile/leather motoboss gloves that are wind/waterproof.

so, i have to just kind of deal with what i have in all weather.

in hot weather the vents keep me nice and cool.

in cold weather i toss a baclava under the helmet and wear a windproof jacket under my main jacket.

for those rainy days, i have a set of motoboss raingear that i strap to the back of the seat just in case.

thats about it. the boots are made from two solid pieces of leather, so theres only one seam, and i havent had any problems with leaks yet.

my gear as follows;

KBC dragon limited edition in gunmetal (got a nice ring to it that hasnt it!) helmet with clear and black visor, fucking brilliant if you ask me!! race spec too all for 180 (including visor!)

Rev'it leather jacket, also have an old JTS leather jacket which was good but after a years use now is reddy/pink colour instead of black where ive put my rucksack on etc.

Rev'It leather trousers; all zips together to form 1 piece suit effectively,

Rst leather gloves, i highly recommend the rst gloves fuckin brilliant and cost effective too!!

Sidi vertigo's, need i say anymore about these boots?

for the winter i have a frank thomas textile jacket, very good as frank thomas stuff is, i should know i work in a shop selling it (Rivitts @ Norton way honda letchworth-01462684124) not just saying that but its good shit!

frank thomas winter gloves, toasty

alpinestar waterproof boots, also wear them int he summer as well, depends what mood im in,

also owned an rst lid which was great, but again bore the brunt of over a years hard use, and an agv lid, grew out of it after a year as well, a set of spidi winter gloves, good but got soggy and also bore grunt of heavy use and ripped at the seams!!

just need to buy some waterproof trousers now, good job i work in a shop eh!

• 1 month later...
Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Just to add to my ever growing list I no have a pair of Hein Gericke Textile trousers and also a Shoi Relic helmet

Only been riding a few months but inherited a few bits from my father in law! (What a star!!!) :D

I bought myself a Dianesse two piece set thats incredibly comfortable and snug! ;)

And my Dianesse back protector. (Feels like a giant hug! :D )

For my feet I have a pair off Sidi Vertigo's!! Bloody Mint! :rolleyes:

Hands - Alpinestar Sp2

Head - Shark S600 Air barros

And a neck scarf.

For the winter I use some off my inherited bits,

I use my long johns, take the edge off, with my leather trousers. And depending on the weather a pair off jeans or combats to take the edge off. Or I got a set off Sidi Waterproofs.

Top half, I use a t shirt, a long sleeve t shirt, my "Giant Hug"! ;)

Another hoody or top, and then my Dianesse Gore-tex jacket with liner.

The only thing I need is a decent pair off winter gloves! :unsure:

Oh, and just in case I got a spare pair off boots, two spare pairs of gloves, and a spare pair off Dianesse Leathers! (Cheers Dad! lol!) :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online