Need a little help with my car...

Sabarius
This post is 5970 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right, I drive a heavily modded Peugeot 206, pictured below.

NewWheels3.jpg

06-12-23_13-521.jpg

You'll no doubt recognise the headlights and this is where my problem lies. Obviously the offside headlight is currently a main beam light, big circle, no pattern. It just about gets through an MOT at the moment but to be frank it's incredibly antisocial as you'll apprecaite.

My question is this, is it possible to modify this light to dip it somehow? Can I use a dipping plate from a N/S light and put it into the O/S one? Is there aother way around this at all? I'm not brilliant when it comes to technical stuff but generally can follow instructions.

I know it's not strictly bike related but I'm at a loose end here and would really appreciate any time you can offer.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ill try and help...get some projector style driving or fog lights like these.

959.gif

They are pretty cheap at any parts store....take them apart and behind the lense you will find a metal plate mounted on the bottom. Take the plate out using the screws...they should be a close match to your projector lights...mount the metal plate on the bottom inside behind the lense in the headlight.....what your headlight is designed to do is kinda like looking thru a magnifying lense at a distance...everything is flipped upside down...by mounting the metal plate in there when the light beam is flipped the metal plate blocks the light output at the top...IE keeps from blinding on comming traffic...

Not sure if this will work...but it should give you somewhere to start...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply, next question is how to get the lights apart, I've read on t'internet about putting them in an oven for a few minutes and things like that but I thought the lenses of the light were heat sensitive and I don't want to knacker them.

I have not tried the oven trick but I hear thats the way to go...Usually I just pick and pry at the lens until I work the bond loose. But check around a bit more.

• 1 month later...

Im think the oven trick works pretty good as that heats them up nicely although not too long obviously!

There are some people that have fitted angel eyes to those lights so they might be able to help!

Nice car btw i can appreciate the effort as i had a couple of modded cars myself!!! What are the wheels on it on the top pic as the bottom one has the wolfrace wheels but they arent on the top pic!!! =]

Here were my modified cars!! Since these ive grown up and got myself a nice Lexus IS200!!!! lol....

1997 Toyota Paseo on hydros!

MyPaseo.jpg

1996 Toyota Paseo

23092005002.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online