Hard start - dry plugs ?.

Harv
This post is 6034 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Back to my hard start when cold poser !!. When I kick the crank a dozen times with choke on, and no start, and I pull the plugs, shouldn't they be wet ?. They are bone dry ..

When the plugs are out, I shoot starter fluid in the plug hole , put the plugs back in and it will start easily. So now I look to the petcock, fuel filter and still maybe compression ?..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Back to my hard start when cold poser !!. When I kick the crank a dozen times with choke on, and no start, and I pull the plugs, shouldn't they be wet ?. They are bone dry ..

When the plugs are out, I shoot starter fluid in the plug hole , put the plugs back in and it will start easily. So now I look to the petcock, fuel filter and still maybe compression ?..

fuel mate, could be diaphram probs in the pet cock

fuel mate, could be diaphram probs in the pet cock

Completely agree with that

The god dam diaphragm is a pain in the ass when its got a little hole in it

That sounds like a good place to start, I'll try to locate the parts, maybe a rebuild kit if available. I've seen them for the XS400 but not the 360. Thanks for the help. I would have answered earlier but I was locked out of the forums, couldn't log in, didn't recognize who I was & etc.. Second time it's happened.. I was getting a bit concerned because this forum has been a big help to me..Thanks to fellows like you..

That sounds like a good place to start, I'll try to locate the parts, maybe a rebuild kit if available. I've seen them for the XS400 but not the 360. Thanks for the help. I would have answered earlier but I was locked out of the forums, couldn't log in, didn't recognize who I was & etc.. Second time it's happened.. I was getting a bit concerned because this forum has been a big help to me..Thanks to fellows like you..

I have had make my own as i couldn't find any

made them out of a Baxie 105e boiler diaphram (but that probably means nothing to you being in the US)

I have had make my own as i couldn't find any

made them out of a Baxie 105e boiler diaphram (but that probably means nothing to you being in the US)

Thanks Andy, I found a rebuild kit on E-Bay. Man if it wasn't for good old E-Bay I'd be up the creek !!!

I've ordered a few OEM parts from Yamaha Direct but the shipping is very slow..

I don't know if I'll get this Whiz-Bang running the way I want it before snow flies.

I temporarily replaced the gas hose from the petcock to the carb, as some one else had suggested with clear hose. I am definitely getting gas to the carb.

So,, can it still be the petcock ?. I have a Clymers manual and Yamaha shop manual for the XS360. Neither one says much at all about the petcock operation . Can it still be the diaphram ?. I suspect that vacuum from the cylinders have some thing to do with it ?. Still have the dry plugs and good start with starting fluid.The petcock rebuild kit is on the way..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online