02 R6, Battery Dies

Jal077
This post is 6040 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am a fairly new rider, recently while riding my bike it began to DIE (as in power failure), Luckily I was only 1 block away from my house, I ended up pushing it home (How embarrassing).

This is the second time that this has happened to me...it always involves the battery.

The 1st time, I went and bought a new battery (lasted for about 9 months before the 2nd time it died)

The 2nd time, I simply recharged the battery.

It seems like something is draining my battery.

Any help/ideas on troubleshooting this problem would be appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I am a fairly new rider, recently while riding my bike it began to DIE (as in power failure), Luckily I was only 1 block away from my house, I ended up pushing it home (How embarrassing).

This is the second time that this has happened to me...it always involves the battery.

The 1st time, I went and bought a new battery (lasted for about 9 months before the 2nd time it died)

The 2nd time, I simply recharged the battery.

It seems like something is draining my battery.

Any help/ideas on troubleshooting this problem would be appreciated.

Sounds like you have a problem with your Generator

You will need to check what voltage you are getting at the battery when the engine is running anything under 13v and it means you generator it not working

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online