600 mile service

motoman21
This post is 6000 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I got my 08 R6s last month and went to get the 600 mile service done. It seems to me that it was a high priced oil change. What does this service entail? Im pretty good with the care and service of my car, I do my oven repairs and service. Could I do the same with the bike?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I got my 08 R6s last month and went to get the 600 mile service done. It seems to me that it was a high priced oil change. What does this service entail? Im pretty good with the care and service of my car, I do my oven repairs and service. Could I do the same with the bike?

Sorry I meant own. lol that did look funny tho.

anyone else have an idea of what the service entails?

Hiya mate, I'd definately recommend having the 600 mile service done. I have just bought my R1 and have phoned my dealer to ask the exact same question. Apparently it is necesary as part of your warrenty, and it's free anyway. Some may ask you to pay for the oil. Everything that was part of the initial check before your bike was deamed roadworthy will be rechecked - Brake pads, fluid, oil, and bolts etc - Like a mini MOT. My dealer said they usually just charge £30 quid for the oil, worth it I thought if only just for the peace of mind.

Hope this helps, Happy trails :P

• 3 weeks later...

hi. labour free. oil nd filter change. mine was £30. dealer must do 1st one coz of warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't do my for my C3, i changed the oil, tranny fluid, adjusted headlights, checked tire preasure, checked battery fluid levels, adjusted valve timing, brake lines, cables and such. Runs great, haven't had a problem yet i just change the oil every 500 miles and she purs like a kitten. Oh and here in Oregon they charger 200 Dollars to have the first service done?? whats the deal??

I didn't do my for my C3, i changed the oil, tranny fluid, adjusted headlights, checked tire preasure, checked battery fluid levels, adjusted valve timing, brake lines, cables and such. Runs great, haven't had a problem yet i just change the oil every 500 miles and she purs like a kitten. Oh and here in Oregon they charger 200 Dollars to have the first service done?? whats the deal??

I would move closer to the caravan trail. When you see them horses commin on over the hills, you'll know where to get the parts cheaper!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online