Question for bikers.

Mattinky
This post is 6020 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What do you feel is the most dangerous factor when riding a motorcycle? I fear animals and loose gravel the most. Just curious what some of you veterens think.

Matt

idiot car drivers that only look out of the windscreen in case a friend is walking down the pavement to wave too

merv

Car drivers the really scary ones talk on cell phones cause it is way more important what they have to say and where they go than it is for your right to live. Sorry bad day true but a very bad day.

Your most dangerous hazard on the road are car drivers who are text messaging.

But of your two choices (Gravel or Animal) I'd say Animal. Normally if you hit gravel you slide which is okay as long as it's not into a tree or another car. But hit an animal and you are going to have a very hard impact. If you are lucky you'll fly over the animal and lawn dart into the street and maybe be okay.

Plus with gravel if you take a road often you can know where it's at and often times see it and prepare. Animals can come out of nowhere.

But yeah hitting a kid holding a fluffy kitten. You might as well throw the cuffs on yourself because there is no talking you way out of that one. Even if you are in the right. Crying moms on a jury will hang you out to dry.

Danger factor for me is ME. Me riding too fast or not keeping my head in the game.

A close No.2 is fecking cagers. They drive around without caution or regard for anyone, they only look out for other cars and their brain is wired that way. If its not big they aint going to see it.

I think every biker should blow a truck horn when ever a car comes within 100 yard of a bike front, side or back.

Yuo can adjust for gravel and id rather hit an animal than a lump of metal going 55mph towards me.

Feckin cagers....

What do you feel is the most dangerous factor when riding a motorcycle?
The British government...

Leg protectors that tear you in half in an impact.

All day headlamps that increase your chances of a T bone.

Smooth steel surveyors studs on corners - lovely in the wet.

Jump through hoops motorcycle licencing system, with power graduations for young riders, but no such reciprocation for car drivers.

All this, and more, has been considered or implemented by the jokers that govern us.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with the Tallguy, though the Penguins have me a bit worried!

TG - you missed out the 'safety' information which is currently growing like weeds in Kent warning of 'Crash site' and depicting a motorcycle. These are found on roads where there are more crashes of the 4 wheel variety - where are those signs!!!!

They just hate us.....

:angry:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online