thundercat petrol light

countingcats
This post is 6031 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

been away from biking for a while and just got back into it. got myself a 96 yzf thundercat. I'm a nightmare for lettting the petrol run low so was wondering... can any one tell me roughly how many miles are left in the tank when he light comes on..

cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Probably about 20 miles, if you really wannt to know, best way is strap a spare to the rear seat and wait till it runs out.

Although personally I'd not get in the habit of running it low and sucking any dregs from the bottom of the tank.

Probably about 20 miles, if you really wannt to know, best way is strap a spare to the rear seat and wait till it runs out.

Although personally I'd not get in the habit of running it low and sucking any dregs from the bottom of the tank.

Cheers for that mate... i dont intend on running it that low anyway but just wanted to be aware of it

I'd agree. I used to have a T'cat and managed 20 miles after the petrol light came on no problem. may have done more but I wasn't willing to test it :P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online