2006 YZF 600R

Moxxberg
This post is 6067 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everybody.... I am new to riding and dont know much about bikes so Im hoping i could get some info from you more experienced folk. I just bought a 600r 2006 and im noticing that the warm up time on the bike takes a bit long... Granted i have to give it time but the temp doesnt reach 100 for 15minutes minimum. Im wondering if this is normal for a bike thats been in a warehouse for a year and not gone over 40 miles on the clock... i have noticed taht when the bike hits 80 temperature and i turn choke off i stall out. any tips i would greatly appreciate :)

my questions are:

1 whats an average time to wait for engine to warm up on a seasoned bike?

2 whats a good temp to be at to cut off choke?

3 if the warm up time is less than 15 mins is it because my bike isnt broken in?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Start it up and ride straight away, after after a minute close the choke off, then just ride for 5 mins or so, to allow the oil and tyres get some temperature in them.

works like a charm thanks alot chris !!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online