All of these bikes are wannabee Harleys

ZoomSplat1982
This post is 5566 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yamahas especially the touring bikes are lame imitations of a truely great motorcycle. and a YAMAHA will NEVER be a Harley.

I thought I'd poke my head in this lame forum to see whats up,......but its all wannabees,...posers,...wimps,.....and you people KNOW its true. Stay off the road with real bikers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet you have a Harley and it's never seen a drop of rain, never seen a wet road and has allways been tucked up all nice and warm indoors incase you scratch the chrome :loser: .

I did a 150 mile run on an SR 125, spent 7 hours on the road, in the pissing rain, loaded up with 4 days worth of camping gear, and stopped for 5 minutes once when I needed to fuel up. It has done 3000 miles in 2 months, mostly over 100 mile runs and has NEVER refused to start, never failed and has allways got me to where I was going. It will do over 60 miles flat out without a problem and has the best spoke pattern ever.

Zoom has a point. I bought an '04 HD Sportster rather than a V-star 650 because the V-star had PLASTIC rocker covers. I want my bike to be made of METAL!

On the other hand, I like motorcycles in general. I joined this forum because I aquired a '77 XS750D and when it comes time to make it road worthy again, I want to share the experiance.

Yamahas especially the touring bikes are lame imitations of a truely great motorcycle. and a YAMAHA will NEVER be a Harley.

I thought I'd poke my head in this lame forum to see whats up,......but its all wannabees,...posers,...wimps,.....and you people KNOW its true. Stay off the road with real bikers.

Stay off the road with real bikers? Is this an invitation to go mud diving with real men on their Harleys?

Who cares if a yamaha or for that matter any other bike make is not a harley,harley is just another bike make.Nice and desireable though they are,they are a bit out of the reach of some people who like the style of bike,not to mention learners who have every right to own and drive that style if they like it.

Maybe there would be more harley drivers if that company saw the interest from learners and produced it's own 125.Kudos to the Japanese for recognising this fact,it just has to be better for their sales and good luck to them.

I mean this bike comparing thing,is all too much like boys and their toys,'mines better than yours'etc. Or for an adult thing,a compensation device for things lacking,the bike does'nt make the man.

Why not just enjoy what you ride and respect others and their choices

I could buy a Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda, etc cruiser and buy some $10 Harley Davidson sticker and put it on the Suzuki and go up to you and tell you it's a Harley and you wouldn't have a clue that it wasn't a Harley.

Guest Brian Bonner

When I ride up to my local bar on my moped, I get full respect because I'm wearing my Harley bandana.

Now has anyone anything constructive to say?

Yup, there's some nice weather here, how about over there?

Now that you got that off your chest do you feel better about over paying for a outdated bike? A Harley is actually a imitation of a Indian with no improvements. At least some changes were made to allow people to make a choice or dont you agree with free thinking? If everyone had a harley you would not have a thing to whine about or would you?

Yup, there's some nice weather here, how about over there?

It's not bad here on this side of the pond. Was really bad, worst summer for many, many years, now just had the August bank holiday and every man and his dog were out on their bikes. it was good to see.

Where abouts are you located, in the USA?

I work for Harley-Davidson. My first bike is my Yamaha. Did I catch a lot of flack? You bet! But, motorcycle lovers are motorcycle lovers, no matter the brand. It's hard to be loyal to just one when they've all got something exceptional.

H-D holds 50%+ of the U.S. large bike market-- of course there will be copycats! Leave it alone. Live and let live, gee whiz...

And on a side note:

I love my Yamaha-- it's perfect for me...it's small (I'm small) and it's my first bike with a small displacement (beginner level, YAY!). Harley's lowest CC bike (883) is too much for me right now and the Buell is just a little too cheesy, not my style...

If you think that a Harley is a truely great motorcycle, you've led a really sheltered life. Poke your head in to see what's up? It's a Yamaha owner's club. Did you expect to find a bunch of Harley riders here? If you have so much free time that you want to spend it going around to the metric bike forums, I'll bet when we're out on the road, we won't be running into you. What do you do, ride your GREAT bike about a thousand miles a year and then think that you're a motorcycle rider?

Guest Brian Bonner

It's not bad here on this side of the pond. Was really bad, worst summer for many, many years, now just had the August bank holiday and every man and his dog were out on their bikes. it was good to see.

Where abouts are you located, in the USA?

Yeah, I'm in Western NY. Been a bit dry and hot out here, but it's good riding weather overall. I'd be out riding if I hadn't busted my finger. Hopefully the weather will stay around for a while longer then I'll be able to enjoy some of it.

Labor day holiday's coming up so I'm sure that everybody will be out on their bikes this weekend.

Hardleys are for those who don't have a clue what difference between Driving & actually RIDING a bike is all about!.....sign of the times <_<

OK Zoom.....when was the last time you rode your BoatAnchor for 150 miles through conditions like this?.......

GovtCamp.jpg

FYI......REAL Bikers ride EVERYDAY, Year-round.....through ANY weather that Mother Nature can dish out! :thumb:

Quite Right!

Guess I just got carried away a bit...............My Bad :blush:

Me too! I felt a bit silly after seeing his other post, but, oh well-- you all got to know me a little better. Cheers!

Honestly it probably was a good thing. It got many of us talking and coming back to the board. I think the post count went up since then, because people where coming back to see what was said and at the same time looked at other posts.

This post is 5566 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.