how long does dwai stay on your record in New York State

dongd
This post is 5966 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My friend was convicted of DWAI in New York State 25 years ago. Never fingerprinted, paid a fine. He is now going for a job and was wondering if he should mention it. The job questionaire asks if he was ever convicted of it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 months later...

Think the Yanks will be first in line Geoff! :lol:

But then there are us few enlightened Yanks who actually know the difference between Driving & RIDING :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

DWAI stands for Driving While Ability Impaired. It's a DUI(Driving under the Influence) or DWI(Driving While Intoxicated). He was either drunk, high, stoned, etc. Personally how the hell do you get a DUI 25years ago? He must have been completely F'd up.

Even though I'd never agree to the law I wish they'd come up with a DWACPSUYA law. What does that mean? Driving With A Cell Phone Stuck Up Your Ass. Freaking cagers.

Statue of Limitations had to run out on that charge so I wouldn't worry about it. Worste thing they can do is tell your friend "Sorry but we see you got a DUI 25years ago so we can't hire you".

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online