New to biking and dragstars

Silverclaws
This post is 6053 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just sold my car,and am looking to learn to ride a bike,the future in personal transport as I see it well for me it is anyway.I want an xvs 125 as my first bike and have about a grand to spend,is this a reasonable amount for one of these bikes,or should I save more?

I know it all depends on condition,mileage etc,but would just like to know if I should be looking for a bike now,as I am transportless,or perhaps wait a bit until I get some more cash.Condition,well,as long as it goes and is all there is my interest.

• 4 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just sold my car,and am looking to learn to ride a bike,the future in personal transport as I see it well for me it is anyway.I want an xvs 125 as my first bike and have about a grand to spend,is this a reasonable amount for one of these bikes,or should I save more?

I know it all depends on condition,mileage etc,but would just like to know if I should be looking for a bike now,as I am transportless,or perhaps wait a bit until I get some more cash.Condition,well,as long as it goes and is all there is my interest.

(just joined so reply maybe too late but anyway)

Sorry im not sure of prices in the UK but just a reminder to not go and blow all your cash on the bike and then budget shop for the essential gear. Dont know if you have gear yet but anyways. Get a decent helmet for starters and get a good jacket, pants boots gloves etc. You know what i mean but all the extras need to be budgeted for along with the bike. The gear can take 200-300 out of that grand straight away. Doesnt matter if its a new bike or a piece of s**t, its the gear thats worth the extra cash if something happens.

Happy shopping