Nitrous

smithac87
This post is 6074 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 2007 yamaha r6s with the following modifications

-yoshimura trc carbon fiber slip on exhaust

-K&N air filter

-Type III powercommander

-competition werkes fender kit

-puig dark smoke screen

-carbon fiber racing pegs

-black shitfter

-pig spotter rear view mirrors

-elctro pod led neon kit (red)

-carbon tank pad

-carbon look grips

-led flush mount signals

-H7 neon headlights (blue)

soon to come aluminum radiator fan, low jack alaram kit, steering damper, black rear sets.

Seriously considering Nitrous oxide kit was wondering if anybody has a kit already and was wondering if it was worth the money and any suggestions as to what brand is best? Since I do not have high comp pistons yet was just gonna outfit with smaller 20 shot nozzle!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Look here ( http://www.wizardsofnos.com/index2.html ) goto prices tab youll find bike kit

They installed mine , BUT you have to have it disabled for general road use I couldnt find an insurace company in the country to insure it with the nos system on and operational, that was last year though so you could search around.

Any way apart from the nos kit you also need a maximiser to control it and a purge system and preferably an electronic quickshifter for the gears ( you dont want to be pulling the clutch in with nos engaged )

I would also advise that you have it installed by proffessionals such as those above, but they can be fitted at home, however if not fitted properly and set up correctly they can go bang, as well as blowing your engine they can be as dangerous as bombs, the nos is under very high pressure and any high pressure oxidizer in proximity to high octane fuel is dangerous and they do come together in the engine and can explode if uncontrolled.

I dont want to put you off but do a lot of research ask a lot of questions and if you dont feel totally confident about fitting very high pressure oxidizing gasses to your fuel system then dont do it, however if you do or have it fitted for you good luck with it id like to see some pics of it when it finished.

Phil

I have a 2007 yamaha r6s with the following modifications

-yoshimura trc carbon fiber slip on exhaust

-K&N air filter

-Type III powercommander

-competition werkes fender kit

-puig dark smoke screen

-carbon fiber racing pegs

-black shitfter

-pig spotter rear view mirrors

-elctro pod led neon kit (red)

-carbon tank pad

-carbon look grips

-led flush mount signals

-H7 neon headlights (blue)

soon to come aluminum radiator fan, low jack alaram kit, steering damper, black rear sets.

Seriously considering Nitrous oxide kit was wondering if anybody has a kit already and was wondering if it was worth the money and any suggestions as to what brand is best? Since I do not have high comp pistons yet was just gonna outfit with smaller 20 shot nozzle!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online