xj900f

smokie
This post is 1945 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest adrian900

Hi All, I've had my 900F for just over 2 years, bought it off 'SillyBay', for £400 after she had stood unused for 2 years.

Got her home on the Saturday, had a quick look over it on Sunday, put it in for an MOT on Monday, just needed fork seals and front wheel bearings. Got her back on the Tuesday, and we where off to the Rock n Blues Rally on the Thursday, 2's up and fully loaded, see pic below. She sailed there and back with no problems at all, except a bit of a wobble at slow speed's!

Since then she has only let me down the once! That was through the winter last year, I'd been out for a ride when the heavens above dropped their contents on me for about 3 hours. Just wouldn't stop. When I got home I just shoved her in the garage, and didn't use it again for about 5 or 6 days. When I did get her out, she just wouldn't start, ended up with a Bat Flattery!! :rolleyes:

But, while charging battery, I cleaned her down, checked the plugs etc, and once back together, she started up first time, deep sigh of relieve :sigh2:

I find mine very comfy too, and seems as though she will plod along forever.

As mentioned above, I do have a slight wobble on the front end when going slow, especially with luggage on the back, or the Missus! Not quite sure what is causing it! I think my Left Hand Front Disc is slightly warped, could it be this??!!

Mine does have a high mileage of approx 92000, but as said if I can sort this wobble, any advice/ideas would be helpful, I will be well happy :D

As said in posts above, these are great bikes, and should be enjoyed.

Thanx

Micky

27072007vi1.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest adrian900

just toured the lakes on mine,but with not so much luggage, awesome, great bike i love it, should have bought one 20 years ago

• 5 years later...

Hi.

I have had several XJ600 pre diversions. and now have an XJ900f 58L (1985). She's very tatty' but I've been spending a lot of time on her... Just replaced plugs and filter and new fuel in a slightly leky tank and guess what... she started second push of the button. I was amazed! Carbs were off and cleaned out and butterflies freed up and she fired up instantly. So now time to do the rest... My tank has been lined in the past and was full of floating skins of some deteriorated liner. So I was interested in your blurb about tank liners....

My main thing at the moment is the exhaust.... I have sourced replacement downpipes for £30 and the cleaned up really well and are solid (the original ones were totally rotted) ' the silencers are called Jawa and seem in good nick' but the collector box was falling apart and totally unredeemable. Can I find anther collector box? Can I hell! Wemoto do sell something new as a replacement. but it looks like the diversion box (which I bought in error and definitely does not and cannot fit). My question is: are there any other models whose collector box will do the same job and fit the XJ900f? I've seen a few Maxim XJ550 boxes for sale in the States and the XJ750 also looks the right shape and length. Do you know whether these will fit?

Thanks for reading my message and your reply if you can help / advise. On the up side' the XJ900f is looking set to be fab.... far lighter and easier to move around than the Divvy 900.....

just toured the lakes on mine,but with not so much luggage, awesome, great bike i love it, should have bought one 20 years ago

I have a Rentec rack for the XJ900f. I won't use it. Do you want it? I'm advertising it for £40

Try Bridgestones. or Continentals.

• 3 weeks later...

had my '89 900f for three years it's fairly clean but does have a few dings here and there,that said it's still only done 33,000 miles.i've put strait bars on so I have a more upright riding position,cos at 70yrs old I get back ache!The carbs are gonna need balancing soon anyone know where I can buy a YICS tool?

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi all Ive just built an xj900f Trike Any ideas where I can get a set of engine pistons .5 oversize so I can rebuild the spare engine

Ian

Hi all Ivejust built an xj900f Trike Any ideas where I can get a set of engine pistons .5 oversize so I can rebuild the spare engine

Ian

Chedd YICS You can pick up on Ebay or adjust 1 carb at a time using the same vacuum clock to do all 4

Edited by XJ900fTrike
needed gap

• drewpy locked this topic
This post is 1945 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.