MT-01

trashman
This post is 4898 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

Someone on here has one i remember them posting a photos, they do look like a beast

BONKERS bike loads of torque and unique dont see many out there and some bonkers deals i paid list for mine 2 yrs ago £9349 now on 0% at some yamaha dealers (not all yamaha dealers sell them have to be an MT authrised dealer ) have seen some as litte as £7100 on the 0% and even a used 56 plate with 500 miles x demo at £5995.00

good hunting stu

:lol: Stu,

See you have had replies mentioning price, I paid £6800 +0% 2.5years, think this is still the current price at Wigan Yam. I used this to strike a deal at my local dealers best of luck, as I said loads of info + bikes for sale on MT01 web site. Often bikes with the full stage two kit which costs £3000.

All the best the Rat

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Tantalus

I have one as well. I fell in love with it as soon as I went for a test ride. I was all set to buy a Triumph Sprint ST1050 up until then! My money went to Yamaha instead.

There are plenty of images of mine and other members MT01's at our little website, the MT Owners Club.

Come along and have a look.

anyone got a mt-01, i,m thinking of trading my xjr and getting one, what is the ride like

Hi Trashman. Yep. I've just got myself a beast of a MT-01! Only done 60 odd miles so still getting used to it. Previously rode a Honda CBF1000. On the MT I found myself carrying too much speed into sharp corners and put this down to the deceptive sound of the motor - like it was ticking over when I'm doing 50mph! Lovely to ride, with great balance in traffic and holds good line through long bends. Not too sure about the Metzeler tyres - think they need a good scrub in before sticking it hard into corners. It's only 20kg heavier than my Honda and doesn't feel it. Doesn't 'flick' quite as easily but hey - give me a few more miles!! ;) Hope you enjoy yours - when you get it.

Dave.

• 2 years later...

hi

i have both machines an MT-01 which i pulled appart last winter and did this to it

streetfighter034.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

i have to be honest here ,the 01 is the best bike i have ever owned in my 28 years of being able to ride a bike,

here is a picture of my 01 the day i picked it up

collection.jpg

this winter i have plans for my 03 ,at the moment it looks like this

DSC_0008-1.jpg

hi

i have both machines an MT-01 which i pulled appart last winter and did this to it

streetfighter034.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

i have to be honest here ,the 01 is the best bike i have ever owned in my 28 years of being able to ride a bike,

collection.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

hello minty dident know you where on hear ,or i forgot :P

Not a fan myself - Bike looks like it's had it's nose punched in on a Saturday night....

But I hear it's a great 'Hoolie' bike, like a Bandit.

hi

streetfighter034.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

collection.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

Minted Minty ! :o

• 1 year later...

The 3 things that matter in biking are:

sound of the exhaust

I"ll agree on that note:D

But the other two categories fall into the Harley bracket ,dry.gif:P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online