Popping back in to say Hi!

Ozzy
This post is 6105 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Folks,

I joined this forum back in 2005 when I used to ride a Fazer 600 which I used to commute the 2 hour ride to work, and the 2 hour ride back at the end of the day. I no longer work at that location so for my 30th birthday a couple of years back I chopped my Fazer in for the 2004 model blue R1 and not looked back since.

No major tweak, just got a nice tail tidy with a half height number plate at the rear and a new bubble screen. Oh yes and I replaced the passenger seat for a colour matched cover, the rest is as factory spec.

Not taken it on track yet, but maybe one day! :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

Welcome Ozzy! I think an R1 may have to be my next bike ;)

Have you got any photos?

Posting for the same reason ... I too love my R1, just bought an '04 last month, but still can't sell the '04 FJR!

And another one...(E-MAIL RECEIVED).. just a quick hello.... still riding my '03 R1 just cant get enough of it...

I havent forgotten about this website.... just havent the same net time as i would have in the winter months..( mind you,,, its getting more difficult to tell winter and summer apart..! )

#regards to the group SCOTTY

• Admin

Yeah so much for our summer! Its been pissing it down almost 24/7 for the last few weeks in Brighton :angry:

I just joined a month or so ago, but also got an email. I ride a 1982 Maxim 750J. I just got it this spring and absolutely love it. In the last 3 months, I have put over 1100 km on it. And I haven't gone anywhere. I work from home, so I don't commute. I just love getting on it and running in to the city to have coffee with a friend, or run to my dad's house. Anyways, good to be here.

and another email responder. I think this is my first ever posting here so I'll tell you all a bit about my biking stuff.

I have a MT-03 which I use for commuting and a 91 TZ250 with 96 spec barrels and pistons that needs some TLC. Moving shortly (if the conveyance gets sorted) and a bare frame rebuild is planned for it. Still can't quite decide whether to run it after the rebuild or retire it and stick it in my study.

First bike was a Yamaha MX80 in 1971 I think. I've had a variety of Yamahas over the years together with a good few Hondas including a VF1000R, VF750F and an RC30. Other off-road bikes have included Honda CRs, Yamaha YZs and a Suzuki RM - all 125s or 250 2-strokes and all many years ago.

The MT-03 was purchased to get me back into road bikes as the VF750F was my last road bike in about 1997-99 and I need to rebuild a no claims bonus for the MV Agusta (750 F4) I have promised myself one day.

I really like the MT-03. Reasonable handling, acceptable brakes and cheap to run (insure and fuel). I like its looks too. I was looking for something a bit different to fit a commuting role - about 27 miles each way roughly half or which is 70 mph dual carriageway and the rest city centre traffic. It fits that bill perfectly.

Just for the record I also have a Suzuki VJ23 250SP which is my present weekend toy and I would really like a tourer for longer runs.

I also hope to get back into off-roading and fancy doing some Hare and Hounds enduros eventually. Present pref would be for a KTM or Yamaha enduro of some sort.

Is 6 bikes too much for one individual at a time?

• Admin

Chc have you got any photos of your MT-03?

Hi all

Joined last week first post the same day, I go away for the week end and I,m Missed.

What a friendly bunch you are

Hi all

Joined last week first post the same day, I go away for the week end and I,m Missed.

What a friendly bunch you are

Hi all, got the same e-mail, I’ve been popping back now and then but never posted, sounds and looks like a great bunch of people on here, I've been riding on and off for the last 12 years, starting from a little 50cc and working my way up to my beloved 2000 R1 which I've had for the last 3 years, WHAT A BIKE!!!!. I'm down in London about 2 mins from the Ace Cafe London, so if anyone is planning on heading down to it give me a shout.

Hehe got my email to, looks like that email thing was a good idea eh alex ;)

unforetunatly ive been bullied into buyng a cbr600fs :( which is good but im not v happy with been a ho*da owner again lol! next bikes going to be a yam and fingers crossed in a year or so it will be the r1 woo :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online